Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick DV question for you guys..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default quick DV question for you guys..

my names buddy, and while i dont have my audi just yet.. im looking very hard for the right car. but all this aside, im doing a ton of reasearch right now so when i get my car i know exactly where im going with it. you guys are very helpful to people like me, and where others might not listen, i do.
my question is, i know that DV is the way to go and BOV is really out of the question. but what about the full adjustable BOV/DV.. where you can recirculate like 90% and release 10%. are these still out of the question? im just looking for that awesome sound but more importantly the function to be perfect. if anyone can answer this id greatly appreciate it.. thanks

Old 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: quick DV question for you guys..

Everytime someone mentions bov, it brings me back to my childhood.....it wasn't a very good childhood...oh god.. why is everybody yelling...don't hit me!! AAHH!

Old 12-30-2006, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear

The fuel curve is based on the discharged air being shot back into the intake, since this happens after the MAF sensor your car would run rich due to the fact the ECU believe the air is being recirculated.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:45 PM
2nd Gear

just stick to a regular DV I have heard it go both ways with the hybrid DV/BOV. There is really no reason to put on a BOV on your car. The DV is going to give you the necissary performance qualities. If you want it for the sound the DV can sorta make it also as long as you have an intake. NO reason for a BOV.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:47 PM
5th Gear

dude oyu want good sound buy a Forge DV and an intake, either carbonio or evo and you will have great sound without sacrificing your cars motor by using a ******* BOV

Old 12-30-2006, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear

thats what i needed to know, thanks guys.

Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear

np

Old 12-31-2006, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

ok i have a Q ill add in here, i know there are the recirculating kind, am i to assume that the stock one does not recirculate? if so what advantages would you get by using an aftermarket DV which does not recirculate the air?

Old 12-31-2006, 04:18 AM
2nd Gear

Yes the stock dv recirculates the air, the reason to replace them is because they have poorly made diaphragms and cannot handly any kind of boost upgrade, if you get a chip you need a new dv.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
1st Gear

any suggestions that are pretty straight forward in terms of install and application. i can find my way around a car but im no master mechanic, i need something reliable and effective. forge, evo, hyperboost, any differences?

Quick Reply: quick DV question for you guys..