Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Foglight Why Only Left Side?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default Rear Foglight Why Only Left Side?

1. rear fog light why is it only on my left side my friends audi is the same is there is anyway to make them both or its supposed tobe like that??

I changed to so i wasnt all caps in the title

Old 01-04-2006, 02:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: REAR FOGLIGHT WHY ONLY LEFT SIDE???

because it only has one. idk know why

Old 01-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Administrator

think about it.. if it had two.. people would mistake them for your brake lights.. the reason it is there is so when you are driving in the fog, the cars behind you know where you are at, and since cars pass on the left, its on the left to let them know where the edge of the car is.. hope that makes since

Old 01-04-2006, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

it does but i have lots of ppl saying ur back lightbulb is blown lol

Old 01-04-2006, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

LOL i thought the same thing, took out my taillight cut a hole for a bulb and put a bulb in. Then i posted it on here and found out that its supposed to be that way. Felt like a dumbass after that one, but hey im kinda glad i did it now i think it looks better and u can breakcheck ppl [8D]

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

since cars pass on the left, its on the left to let them know where the edge of the car is

If you need your rear fog lights on for the person behind you to see your car, then they should definately not be passing you. Just my thought

Old 01-04-2006, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

think about it.. if it had two.. people would mistake them for your brake lights.. the reason it is there is so when you are driving in the fog, the cars behind you know where you are at, and since cars pass on the left, its on the left to let them know where the edge of the car is.. hope that makes since
wow, i could never have put it better myself if i could

Old 01-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Site Moderator

It is on the left side, as opposed to the right side, to tell the driver behind you where the passing side of your car is. If it were on the right it simply would tell the person behind you that you are there, but not where your left side is if they wish to pass you in bad weather.

edit - doh - just saw your post goat... lol... all that for nothing

Old 01-04-2006, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

I heard from a local sheriff to be careful when having that rear fog light on..he pulled someone over in another Audi because apparently the brakes didnt get brighter when the car braked, and neither the sheriff or the owner knew why. I haven't noticed if its supposed to change brightness as normal when the rear fog's on..anyone know? I just always keep mine off..no one passes me anyway
J/k

Old 01-04-2006, 04:14 AM
4th Gear

its actualy a diff bulb all together. so your brake lights won't be affected. as for the cop thing, I've also been pulled over for that, so I fooled with him, He came up and asked if I knew it was out. I said no and that I wanted to see. so exiting the car I turned it off, got back there, and nothing was wrong, he was confused. well I kept that up for a few minutes and then asked him if it was my rear fog he was looking at. and flashed it on and off for him.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:56 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

it does but i have lots of ppl saying ur back lightbulb is blown lol
ignorance man ... haha ya i hate when i explain this to friend they still think taillight blown , i've seen one jetta that had it too

Quick Reply: Rear Foglight Why Only Left Side?