Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Default Rear Speakers

My rear speakers are not working, I used a multimeter on the wires on the speaker end.. no voltage (atleast they aren't blown!) Then I did the same on the back of the radio, looks like I volts. They owner before had aftermarket System in this (dont know if that helps)

I figure the speaker wire has a short in it somewhere.. im just not sure how I can check this out...

Any ideas or thoughts?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Rear Speakers

same problem any help
i heard that there 's two amps one front one back , need special wiring w/
aftermarket radios to make the back amp work.

help

Old 05-15-2006, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

yes amp in back of my a4 1998 is a small NOKIA amp attached to the driverside speaker,

anyone know what the configuration for the quick connect is, i can not find it in any wireing digram in my 4 inch thik service man.

E

Old 05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Same problem guys there is a post about how to bypass the amp, sorry not sure how to show a link im abit new! it is in the electrics bit

Old 05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

I just replaced my rears and ran into that problem w/ the amp attached to the left speaker. I cut the pos and neg that run from the amp to the speaker and attached to my new one(and piggybacked the amp to my new speaker as well). Didn't help much with achieving better sound quality so I'm now looking to amps as well. Hope this helps.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:13 AM

so what ur saying is that u can disable the old ampand run the wire straight to the speaker?

Old 05-16-2006, 03:15 AM
3rd Gear

A 9 volt battery will cause the speaker to make a small pop sound this will tell you if it is bad/hooked up wrong. It doesn't matter how you touch the wires to the battery..................

Old 05-16-2006, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

are you trying to run your rear speakers off the stock amp/head unit i guess? If the previous owner had an aftermarket system, he may have chopped the wires leading to the rear speakers and ran them into an amp. In that case, you'd have to find where he cut those wires, and go from there and connect them back to whatever source you're going to use.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:29 PM

well it looks like mine had system in it before (97 b5) its got a sony radio in it .
rears dont work but there is some wires cut in the back of the radio (plug) i connect
them right now see if they work. ill post my frustrations in 30 mins. or so[&:]

Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

do your speakers in the rear doors work? Aftermarket head units can normally only run 4 channels. You may just have to run new wires from the rear speakers to your deck, it's not that bad, it'd prob take an hour and a half if you know what you're doing.

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers