Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Returned APR Chip -- Getting Stasis Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Returned APR Chip -- Getting Stasis Exhaust

Hey guys,

Remember how indecisive I was about my chip? Well, it turns out after I had the chip for a few weeks I really didn't like all that much. I like driving the car smoothly, and the chip made that fairly difficult. Plus, all the torque was at the low end and there wasn't much left for the high end. It was fun, but I don't think the APR chip is for me. So, in lieu of the chip, I'll be getting a Stasis Exhaust. That's going on the car on Saturday. I'm psyched. I will be getting another chip, but not for a few months. When I do get it, it will be the O.CT Stage III chip. The torque/hp curve pretty much parallels the stock curves, but is higher. I'm looking forward to that.

However, the exhaust is going to be awesome! I'm very psyched for that. Also, the sport suspension will be going on next week as well. Tint/debage will follow.

Cheers!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:09 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Returned APR Chip -- Getting Stasis Exhaust

i didn't kno u can return a chip. u don't get a full return do u?

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

yup. ecu flashed back to stock. got every penny back. Apr offers a 30 day money back guarentee.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

ooo i see. hope u like ur exhaust lol

Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

I will! It will look and sound great. I'll have pics sometime next week after I get the car detailed.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM
5th Gear

u better like it cuz it won't be returnable lol. well if u don't want it i might buy it from u hehe

Old 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
1st Gear

I will want it. The APR chip just wasn't for me. I like the smoothness of the car. The APR chip took away from that. The only thing the exhaust will do is help out the turbo, and give me a little more power. Mostly for looks and sound though. I'm so excited!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM

What do you mean the chip wasn't for you, do you like your Audi slow or fast? It takes a couple of weeks to adjust driving styles. I'm sure you can find a way to drive a Lamborghini smoothly. It's all in your foot.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

Ehhh....I think you're wrong. A lambo has a V12 and 400+hp. You don't get a shitload of low end torque and nothing on the high end. It's a rocket ship. What do you want me to say? I didn't really think that the chip I got was worth the money I paid. The OC.T chip will have a much wider, more evenly distributed powerband, which is what I'm looking for. So the APR chip wasn't for me. The OC.T chip is.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:10 PM

Are you auto/tip?

Quick Reply: Returned APR Chip -- Getting Stasis Exhaust