Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ross Tech Vag Com???? For the B6, parking lights, and codes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Ross Tech Vag Com???? For the B6, parking lights, and codes?

Hey guys.. I am debating whether or not to buy the ross-tech vag-com. How does it differ from the real Vag-Com besides the price... It is going to be around $80 for everything needed for my car.. But i wanted to ask you or sombody who has a B6 if it could-
- Make my fog lights go on without my head lights?
- Make my windows go up and down with the key?
- Make my doors automatically lock when the car exceeds 10 MPH?
- Disable my parking lights while my headlights are on. (see below)

I did the Clear Corner mod and my parking lights/ blinker lights were amber. I changed them out to a xenon bulb which only functions as a blinker light. So my car beeps at me and says that the parking light is out.. and i dont know how to disable that sensor. Will the Ross-Tech Vag com fis that problem?

I am debating whether or not to buy the Ross Tech, or spend a LOT more on the REAL Vag-Com.. Is there a difference?

Is there a site with all the codes on them? (Does the Ross Tech Vag-Com come with all the codes?)

Old 03-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Ross Tech Vag Com???? For the B6, parking lights, and codes?

I can give all the codes but I cant clear your cell light so REAL Vag-Com is a worthy investment, not that expensive compared to snap on and I have both

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

What do you mean? Will it do anything or is it a waste of money?

My car is 2004 and i have 15,000 miles on it.. the dealer is really good to me and i have no problems with the car. But this stupid light is killing me.... and all the other stuff is just cool to have!!

Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 PM
6th Gear

Wait you are not making sense. Ross-tech is the only one who sells a Vag-Com, which is technically just the software's name. The rest is just an obd interface. With Ross-tech's it automatically enables their software for free. If you buy a generic one from say obdtool.com you have to pay for the interface cable and then still pay to unlock their software.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:08 AM

my apols there boss I thought every one knew Ross tech made vag software and proper hardware "cable" licenced ready to go, you can get cheaper cables of eBay and download the free software but it needs the licence to fully activate it

Old 03-05-2006, 10:48 AM
4th Gear

Correct.

either buy the fully licensed Ross-tech product, use the vag-com locator link to find someone in your area who will loan theirs.

Mine has paid me back the cost over time, plus I've gotten a couple of 6 packs, plus, if I ever no longer own an Audi, I can sell it used.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:26 AM
6th Gear

Keep in mind that if you buy the generic obd connector you will have to activate and deactivate your software everytime you format your computer. It was a real pain for me so I sold my obd connector and bought a real ross-tech version that activates itself. Worth every penny.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for not making sence.. but as of now i have 2 questions...

Jest, you bought the real Ross-Tech version..(is that the one from obdtool.com?) how much was it.. and where did you get it?

and second--- Will this software/ hardware help do what i asked in my first question?

- Make my fog lights go on without my head lights?
- Make my windows go up and down with the key?
- Make my doors automatically lock when the car exceeds 10 MPH?
- Disable my parking lights while my headlights are on.

thanks again..

Old 03-05-2006, 11:48 PM
5th Gear

Go to ross-tech.com thats where you can get them and yes it will do all of what you were looking for

Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

okay... now im sure this has been covered by sombody else.. so im going to search.. but what is the major difference between the OBD tool... and ROSS-TECH????

sorry for the inconvienence .. but thanks again

Quick Reply: Ross Tech Vag Com???? For the B6, parking lights, and codes?