Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seafoam went great

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default seafoam went great

Alright, I seafoamed my A4 finally and it was freakin awsome. I put a can in the gas tank, 1/2 a can in the crank case and the other 1/2 through the vac line. My girlfrined had to help me with that part. I fed it through a tube that i connected and she worked the throttle like a pro. I was actually really impressed. Anyway, you could dee the seafoam start working right away. the turbo looked like it was cooking. I let it sit for about 20 min. She started right up and i'm pretty sure i ended up filling my whole subdivision up with smoke. It was a good thing i did it at night, otherwise the fire dept. might have been called.

The car feels awsome now. even in the 110 degree heat out here she still wants to go. The car pulls nice and hard and just feels like it's more alive than it was a couple days ago. I also changed the plugs to NGK bkr-7's which ar a whole heal of alot cheaper than the laser ngk laser platinum that i was running but my mechanic told me these would work better with my chipped car. I have to change them every 3-5k miles but it takes like two minutes so who cares. Ichanged my oil after seafoaming too. the car just feels rejuvinated. i take great care of her and she continues to repay me. if anybody on here was ever thinking of seafoaming i would hihgly reccomend it!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: seafoam went great

ORIGINAL: EVOLA4

I also changed the plugs to NGK bkr-7's which ar a whole heal of alot cheaper than the laser ngk laser platinum that i was running but my mechanic told me these would work better with my chipped car.
Hey now, Im pretty sure it was ME who told you that^ [8D]
https://www.audiforums.com/m_592486/.../tm.htm#592486

Coolness. Whenever you do something like that (seafoam), always consider the placebo effect. I think everyone is suseptable to it..... But Im sure it helped out a lot.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

hey thats right you told me too. my mechanic recomend the same ones. he actually did some research and dev. for giac and these work the best in my climate. i'll need to switch to the 6e's for the winter but like i said it takes literally 2 min.

haven't heard from you in a minute. hope your doing good. your advise always helps me out. btw what is the placebo effect?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: EVOLA4

hey thats right you told me too. my mechanic recomend the same ones. he actually did some research and dev. for giac and these work the best in my climate. i'll need to switch to the 6e's for the winter but like i said it takes literally 2 min.

haven't heard from you in a minute. hope your doing good. your advise always helps me out. btw what is the placebo effect?
haha
Im good. Just waiting for the right time to jump on a pre 2000 tqm to mod the crap out of.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

Old 09-03-2007, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

thanks for clearing that up. it actually seems to be boosting a little better according to my boost gauge. at first i thought it was all in my head then i paid closer attention to the gauge. normally i would spike aropund 19psi and now i'm closer to 21psi it also seems to hold better. out here in vegas you can feel every degree of temp in your car too. so every little thing helps either way. extreme temps= exteme wear and tear.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

haha 1pointtee knows everything on here eh' , would love to go for a beer and talk audi's b5's as he always seems to have a possible answer for everything.

I'm quite interested in this seafoam after reading about it on here alot. Talked to my trusty mechanic -who is rather adament against engine products but even he said its worth a try if noone has had problems with it yet.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: IDTrav

haha 1pointtee knows everything on here eh' , would love to go for a beer and talk audi's b5's as he always seems to have a possible answer for everything.

I'm quite interested in this seafoam after reading about it on here alot. Talked to my trusty mechanic -who is rather adament against engine products but even he said its worth a try if noone has had problems with it yet.
Oh come on man.. You and everyone else knows Im always full of BS [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Site Moderator

^^^^I'll second that one JK Onepoint is the man.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

Newbie here, and have heard some about sea foaming to clear out oil slug. How does it work and can you give me step by ste (pics would be great). I really want mine to live long. I just got it two weeks ago.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Site Moderator

Its easy pour about half a can in the oil and drive it around for about 50 miles, drain the oil and change the filter. Fill it back up with synthetic and your golden.

Quick Reply: seafoam went great