Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt DING!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Seatbelt DING!

Ok I'll admit it; i'm one of those people who hates to wear the seatbelt but my 06 A4 beeps and beeps unless I put the buckle in.

is there a fuse that I can pull somewhere or alternatively, where can I find a blank seatbelt clip? I currently run the seatbelt behind the back of the seat but it gets quite annoying...

Old 04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Seatbelt DING!

I don't want to tell you because I don't want to be somewhat responsible for you being killed in a car accident.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 PM

just wear your seat belt, no responsible tech will tell you otherwise

Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 AM
3rd Gear

As a responsible tech, i can tell you there is no fuse you can pull to get rid of the light. Youd have to rig seat belt switch to show that it is always belted. Not gonna tell you how thou. As someone who used to hate wearing my seatbelt, and has also been in a couple accidents, you get used to it very quickly. After a while you wont even know its there.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:32 AM
5th Gear

lol just get in to your seat belt clip in thing and take the two wires and hook them together, we do it on tractors all the time but wouldnt advise to do it in a car

Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 AM

just wear your friggin seatbelt man dont be an idiot. it beeps for a reason, to remind you that if you dont do it youre putting yourself at great risk.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Zombie Defense Force

here ill see if i can dig up my news paper clipings of some one who died that went to my school becuase they were not wearing a seat belt. that might get you to wise up. what a stupid person you are to not wear one.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Site Moderator

Stupidest post of the month right here!!
I hate it when people have no regard and take no responsibility for themselves like that... Its like they just dont comprehend life and death all that well... Like they dont understand the forces of nature and energy.. Take a minute and try and think how it would feel to be thrown through a windshield in a tragic accident that may not even be your fault.. With your face torn in half, barely coherant, hearing voices the witness's gathering round, calling 911.. The sirens, spewing blood, finaly noticeing after you get used to all the surrounding noises and confusion that your arm was torn off.. Then shock kicks in, Somehow knowing in your mind that this could have been prevented by wearing a seat belt. then you bleed to death on the way to the hospital.... You leave your family/wife/husband/kids/life behind without you just because you are a LAZY DUMBASS. I really dont think lazy dumbass's deserve to die, they can learn! It interesting how the bad things which can happen in life can be prevented taking simple precautions. Its part of being "responsible."

Old 04-12-2006, 01:05 PM
6th Gear

Ok the B7 seatbelt posts are getting annoying. Let me shed some light...

Yes the seatbelt chime is VERY annoying. Even to a avid seat belt wearer like myself. It dings non stop even after you put on your seatbelt. It dings if someone gets in the car and sits in the passenger seat. You can't even sit in the car with it idling without it on. It is much more annoying than the B5 or the B6.

The fix:

Purchase a Vag-Com from Ross-tech.com or find someone willing to vag your car for you. You can revert the seatbelt chime to the B5 style. That is it only beeps several times when you first start the car. It is MUCH MUCH better and I have it done to mine.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

Ok the B7 seatbelt posts are getting annoying. Let me shed some light...

Yes the seatbelt chime is VERY annoying. Even to a avid seat belt wearer like myself. It dings non stop even after you put on your seatbelt. It dings if someone gets in the car and sits in the passenger seat. You can't even sit in the car with it idling without it on. It is much more annoying than the B5 or the B6.

The fix:

Purchase a Vag-Com from Ross-tech.com or find someone willing to vag your car for you. You can revert the seatbelt chime to the B5 style. That is it only beeps several times when you first start the car. It is MUCH MUCH better and I have it done to mine.
Can you tell us B5ers how to activate the ding with vag com? Mine doesnt ding at all.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt DING!