Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so disappointed.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 06:12 PM
1st Gear
Default so disappointed.....

The reason im so disappointed was i pulled out of work a couple nights ago and a stock Cobalt pulled out with me. Hes got a manual, ive got a trip. we both took off out on the highway and he kept up with me, i thought i was just gonna roast him. A couple weeks earlier a GTI VR6 kept up with me too on the same part of the highway. I thought my A4 had more ***** then that. Needless to say i said the hell with it and im getting my chip installed monday at Auto Assets in Powell, Ohio.

Im not one that likes making excuses. Such as: hes got manual, ive got auto; hes got a coupe, ive got a full size sedan; i had another person in the car, he was by himself. Just dumb little stuff like that. Id rather just say, "well, hes just as fast as me." But again, it still disappoints me that he kept up. Now i think to myself.......well, im screwed going against a cobalt SS.

Someone gimme some reassurance that ill blow his doors off after the chip is in. I would also like some advice on what i need to upgrade or install to keep up with or beat a cobalt SS and Neon SRT-4.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: so disappointed.....

stage3

Old 01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
4th Gear

There is nothing you can do within your right mind to beat a SRT-4. No clue about the Cobalt SS but i'll go look at the road test on it here in a sec. The fact a regular colbat kept up with you boggles me.... I guess stick helps but I'm not suprised a GTI vr6 did, those are nice cars and comparable to our Audis. Yes the chip will make the difference and you should kill the colbalt and beat the GTI.

And by nothing in your right mind.. I mean nothing in your right mind unless your willing to drop some serious cash $$$.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:22 PM
5th Gear

cobalt SS isnt too hard to tear up... your gunna want to chip it with GIAC... full exhaust, N75, DV ofcourse... and you should tear him up... at least with my set up I killed them.... as far as an SRT4 goes good luck man those little ******* are quick as ****.. I could keep up with one and even be ahead for a few seconds but the kid was a shitty driver.... a SRT4 and a good driver will own any A4 that doesnt have some turbo upgrade.... even with a K04 your gunna have to be running like the hammer file, fmic, injectors, and probably a testpipe with your previous exhaust to even have a chance of beating one and then it will still be close.... best bet if you reaally gotta beast the SRT is drop 3500 at renn-art.com and get yourself a GT2871rs... but then since your a TIP right??? your gunna have to do major tranny work in the form of level ten kit for about a grand

Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
4th Gear

http://www.modernracer.com/chevroletcobaltsssup.html

Hmm... Those things are fast it's not gonna happen unless your chipped and even then who knows.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 PM
1st Gear

hah, something affordable, like under 1500. this 1500 goes directly twards hp, ill take care of the tranny and other randoms like that. im mainly concerned with brutal power. whats the limits this engine can be upgraded with before it wants to throw a rod, actually, keep it like 2 steps before that wants to happen. i think the limit on the 1.8t is like 350hp right? what mods are within that range?

one other question, should i use my money on the chipnow? or should i wait on that so if i go with a k04 i wont have to reflash the chip again with a k04 file? OR does upgrading toa k04 file qualify under Auto Assets free upgrade terms?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
5th Gear

they are ok... they arent SRT4 or STI quick but they are ok.... like I said I handed it to them every time with my set up

ORIGINAL: Amze

http://www.modernracer.com/chevroletcobaltsssup.html

Hmm... Those things are fast it's not gonna happen unless your chipped and even then who knows.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

i know all about the level 10 upgrade for the tranny, im just concerned with making raw power.

ive got a forge 007 DV and the boost gauge from AWE-tuning. i just wanna find out what else i need to really make some "throw back in the seat" power.

k, forget the srt-4 then. ill worry bout that later.

well, im thinking 230hp 250ft lbs for my car is the goal then, thats up with a srt4. now the think i have to look at is power to weight. everything on my car is stock and i dont have a huge system in it, and i never will. so the weight thing is gonna stay the same im thinkin.

if i can getenough of apower to weight gain against an srt4 i dont think beating a stock one will be a problem. not to mention the cobalt ss and other randoms.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
4th Gear

k04 is the only other way to do that. and im asssuming its more than 1500.

Other than that, you can Chip, cat back exhaust (possible with test pipe), intake, dv valve... and some other minor upgrades for a combined like 50-70HP. It will make a difference but you still wont touch a SRT-4 unless you get a K04.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
5th Gear

ok you need to worry about the tranny... if you dont this new found "raw power" lol is gunna tear it up and you will be out another 4g's for a new tranny.....

as far as 1500 goes Id say piece together a k04 set up..... or just chip it now and save a little more for a k04 in the future......
a GIAC chipped A4 with exhasut will eat a cobalt so that would fix that problem you have but like I said you need to be easy with that tranny its your weakest link there..

yes the motors can hold up to about 350hp but thats with a gt2871rs set up... that $3500 is what I was talkin about..
ORIGINAL: Philthykins

i know all about the level 10 upgrade for the tranny, im just concerned with making raw power.

ive got a forge 007 DV and the boost gauge from AWE-tuning. i just wanna find out what else i need to really make some "throw back in the seat" power.

Quick Reply: so disappointed.....