Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some advice please? Dealing with a dealer in mass.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Some advice please? Dealing with a dealer in mass.

Save your reciepts.
Total up your costs.

go back to the lot, destroy his cars to the equal sum of cash he cost you (dont forget the pain and suffering)

This will be your greatest day.
-pig pen "carpediem man, seize the carp!"

Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Take it back to the dealer.If they don't help you tell them you have contacted the local news about your car and they were very interested in the story. The last thing they want is bad publicity. Also tell them them that if they don't give you a full refund, your lawyer will be filing suit.

The News thing should work though. If you want to...really call the local news. That would help you out a lot I think.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM

InNY NJ u call help me howard lol

Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Promaine

I bought my A4 1.8t almost three weeks ago from a dealership in Massachusetts. I paid $6,999 for the car and it has 94,000 miles on it. The car seemed to be perfect...

When I test drove the car however I did not take it on the highway. When I got on the highway (on my way home to Maine) and started to go in to a turn I realized that the passsenger side wheel bearing was bad. I figured however I could deal with that and have it fixed, or fix it myself soon.

I made a point to ask several times if all the electronics worked on the car and from what I could tell they did. I got home and put a CD in the stock CD changer and what do you know it does nothing but make grinding noises and say error on the screen. I figured again I could deal with that. I took my take deck adapter out and poped it into the Stereo and again a grinding sound and it eats my tape adapter. I had to pry it out. I finaly got an FM transmitter and started to enjoy my music... Then find that the rear "woofers" are blown in the Bose system.
stock cd changer is crap. just buy a new one that plays mp3's

I figured thats just part of buying a used car...

Then about a week ago the flex pipe broke clean off... to be fixed correctly this is an expensive part as it should be relaced from the cat back tot he flex. I was quoted at $200 to simply have the flex pipe cut out and a new one wedled in. (I put a flex pipe in from Auto Zone with some exhaust clamps after getting tired of Civics and CaviLOLs racing me at stop lights.
why would you change the cat? all you have to do is get a new stock flex pipe. look for cars in the classifieds section that are being parted out. you should be able to pick one up for under 50 bucks
So at this point I'm kind of mad because I feel a dealer should tell you things that are wrong with the car so I know what I;m getting into especialy since the car was owned by the dealers sister AND Massachusets has a "No leamon law"

I have a friend who had bought an Integra in Mass from a dealer for $3,000 and the tranny went the dealer gave him $500 to fix it.
He said I should be able to get some money out of this to fix things.

Should I bug them or do I just need to deal with the facts of buying used?
if u were in my state i would just tell you to give up. it would cause you more headaches than its worth and you probly wouldn't get anything from them, but i guess in Mass u guys got different laws
(Sorry for such a long post I hope some of you take the time to read it though.)

Old 10-31-2007, 09:53 PM
3rd Gear

yeah, i just got my wife a 2007 toyota highlander, used only like 10 months with 13k miles on it. they were supposed to replace both fog light lenses before we picked upthe SUV,because they were both cracked (probably from stones kicked up on the highway or something). my wife picks up the car of course without checking out both. they replaced the driver side one only. they didn't do the passenger side one because the air conditioning compressor or something else was in the way. I called them after hours and left a message about it. At first they tried to say that they only agreed to replace one of them, but we weren't gonna let them pull that **** on us. She went down at 9am the next day and they fixed it on the spot. They know they'll lose more if they don't take car of you, cause i would have wrecked some cars on his lot too if they didn't fix it.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ORIGINAL: Promaine

I bought my A4 1.8t almost three weeks ago from a dealership in Massachusetts. I paid $6,999 for the car and it has 94,000 miles on it. The car seemed to be perfect...

When I test drove the car however I did not take it on the highway. When I got on the highway (on my way home to Maine) and started to go in to a turn I realized that the passenger side wheel bearing was bad. I figured however I could deal with that and have it fixed, or fix it myself soon.

I made a point to ask several times if all the electronics worked on the car and from what I could tell they did. I got home and put a CD in the stock CD changer and what do you know it does nothing but make grinding noises and say error on the screen. I figured again I could deal with that. I took my take deck adapter out and popped it into the Stereo and again a grinding sound and it eats my tape adapter. I had to pry it out. I finally got an FM transmitter and started to enjoy my music... Then find that the rear "woofers" are blown in the Bose system.
stock cd changer is crap. just buy a new one that plays mp3's

I figured thats just part of buying a used car...

Then about a week ago the flex pipe broke clean off... to be fixed correctly this is an expensive part as it should be replaced from the cat back tot he flex. I was quoted at $200 to simply have the flex pipe cut out and a new one welded in. (I put a flex pipe in from Auto Zone with some exhaust clamps after getting tired of Civics and CaviLOLs racing me at stop lights.
why would you change the cat? all you have to do is get a new stock flex pipe. look for cars in the classifieds section that are being parted out. you should be able to pick one up for under 50 bucks
So at this point I'm kind of mad because I feel a dealer should tell you things that are wrong with the car so I know what I;m getting into especially since the car was owned by the dealers sister AND Massachusetts has a "No lemon law"

I have a friend who had bought an Integra in Mass from a dealer for $3,000 and the tranny went the dealer gave him $500 to fix it.
He said I should be able to get some money out of this to fix things.

Should I bug them or do I just need to deal with the facts of buying used?
if u were in my state i would just tell you to give up. it would cause you more headaches than its worth and you probly wouldn't get anything from them, but i guess in Mass u guys got different laws
(Sorry for such a long post I hope some of you take the time to read it though.)
I don't really want the stock CD changer, the point is they told me it worked... I do want a new CD/mp3 player but it also sort of kills the look of the interior...

I also didn't say I needed to change the cat... I said the proper way to fix it is to replace the pipe that goes back from the cat down that has the flex pipe on it stock. I did already in fact replace the flex pipe myself for under $50.
I also do not live in Massachusetts thats why I was asking for help with it.

Please read the entire post before you slander.
I may be new to this particular forum but I'm not an idiot.

Thanks to those who helped I'm going to bug the **** out of the dealer tomorrow.