Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some input would be apperciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:28 AM
1st Gear
Default some input would be apperciated

Heres the low down , i'm picking up my first Audi.. before you decide to hit the reply button with a flame claiming im a n00b for asking such a question and how I didn't use the search button properly.. I already did my research on the 1.8's and the 3 liters. I have my fire extinguisher next to me so please non of that.

Went to a local Audi dealer , asked if they had any B6 A4's and to my disbelief they had one in stock , I kinda rushed things (my fault) and told them I would take it.

I know for a fact its an 03 A4 B6 with only 40k miles on it still under warranty.. proper manual tranny with the Quattro system , the car was garaged because they were prep'ing it for sale so I didn't get a chance to take a proper look at what kind of engine it came with.. in matter of fact I didn't get to see the car at all.

I'm going tommorow to finalize the deal , I was hoping it'll end up being the 1.8 turbo. but if it ends up being the 3 liter should I buy it? i'm very excited about the Audi.

if you were in my situation what would you do?

(btw they wanted 20k for it , if it was a 3.0 with 40k miles on it wouldn't it typically be more expensive then just 20k?)

Old 09-22-2007, 12:33 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: some input would be apperciated

u must have been in a huge hurry lol. well if ur not going to mod much get it if it's a 3.0. if u really want to mod then don't get it if it's a 3.0. i think that's basically what it boils down to.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Guru

did you sign paper work saying you would buy the car? no matter what your answer is, the car isn't yours till you drive off the lot......... if you signed, ask to see the paper work tear it up and take the car for a test drive........ i personally for myself wouldn't buy a non turbo car, for my wifei might buy a v6, but only if i got a good deal on it

i would definatly not buy a car sight unseen

Old 09-22-2007, 11:10 AM

if u did research and you know what you want, its up to you really. I just wonna say i got my 02 A4(B6) 1.8t tipfor under $10K with high miles but one owner, so there are maybe be better deals and better options, with cars DONT RUSH INTO BUYING i had to learn it hard way. Good luck on ur decesion! and keep us updated

Old 09-22-2007, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

thanks again for the input guys , I found out today it was the 1.8t. I'm going to the dealership to pick it up.. time for me to haggle the price

Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Slut

u do things backwards huh?

Old 09-22-2007, 05:31 PM
3rd Gear

Who in the world buys a car having no clue what kind of engine is in it, and no test drive. That defies all logic and common sense. All im going to say is wow.........

Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

Yes sir , my transmissions always in reverse. I rushed it a bit.

Who in the world buys a car having no clue what kind of engine is in it, and no test drive. That defies all logic and common sense. All im going to say is wow.........
Hahaha yeah.. I was a bit to head strong about this one , but I finally did go see it , inspect it , etc oh and yeah test drove the car and I brought it home with me. I'd probably say the same thing.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:57 PM
4th Gear

Is it CPO?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:58 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: fireWire

Yes sir , my transmissions always in reverse. I rushed it a bit.

Hahaha yeah.. I was a bit to head strong about this one , but I finally did go see it , inspect it , etc oh and yeah test drove the car and I brought it home with me. I'd probably say the same thing.
Glad you are happy with it. I would have deff not bought it like you did, but congrats anyway.

Quick Reply: some input would be apperciated