Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone help b/c the dealership isn't

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default Someone help b/c the dealership isn't

So I have been getting this EPC light in the cluster and losing power since upgrading my n75 to the n75J. It happens at random. I took it to Audi they replaced a vac line and said "all fixed" on the way home on the freeway it happened again. Called up took her right back and then Audi held her for 2 days. Replaced 1 vac line charged me $285 on top of the initial $150 I paid 2 days prior and I got it back yesterday. Well....today it came on again. WTF!!! Why can't they figure out what it is especially after 2 days of diagnosing!!! Any ideas of what it might be guys?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Someone help b/c the dealership isn't

vag it yourself ... sure there is someone in NY that can help ... vag locator

plus dude dont take it to the dealer to replace vac lines.. thats a easy fix..I have the same car and I replaced all the vac lines from that braided stuff to silocone ...way better ..

let us know how it goes

Old 03-22-2007, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear

Im not in NY I'm in AZ. I'm from NY Lived there most of my life and was born there but moved here. How much did it cost to get all silicone hoses?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

not that much ... just go to your local auto parts store with some of your vacuum hose for reference and get the same size..they should have plenty

also if you can do the air compressor test with a tennis ball in the turbo inlet hose you can charge your cars vacuum lines and then turn it off to listen for any leaks..fix those first

also check the vag locator ...there is about 16 guys with the vag in AZ

Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
4th Gear

Did this problem start before or after changing the N75? Maybe this IS your problem. I think i remember hearing a lil sumthin about people having problems with different n75's.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
3rd Gear

yea some chips dont like the different n75 valves, I know from experience GIAC is one of them..

Old 03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Site Moderator

Apparently the EPClight monitors the drive-by-wire throttle system that replaces the cable between the accelerator pedal and the throttle with a computer
The most common cause for this light to come on is if the you brake at the same time you accelerate for a longer than usual time. Also, if the brake light switch should go bad (leaving the brake lights on even then you are not braking)

Thats the explanation I got with a search and is the only help i can give... If its true, I dont know why the dealer would be messing with vacuum lines. (well i do, but im not going to say what you already know because apparently you dont mind getting ripped off)

Old 03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
3rd Gear

yea that would make sense if that is true.. i have a 2000 and my EPC light never comes on when i have a vacume leak.. and I just had a big one yesterday, the car was shaking at idle and everything.. didnt even get a cel.. might want to check into the break switch

Old 03-22-2007, 03:35 PM
4th Gear

I vote to put the old n75 back in and see if the problem stops. Unless of corse you have been holding the brake and gas lately.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Site Moderator

I bet $50 hes been doing brake stands [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Someone help b/c the dealership isn't