Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed tuning chip

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:39 AM
1st Gear
Default speed tuning chip

ok i have decided to go with speed tuning chip. as much as i want to go with apr i dun have the money to get one. and have heard good reviews. im always using my car so i cant removed my ecu wherever that is, and i live in los angeles. is there any shop here who does the speed tuning chip?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Default RE: speed tuning chip

you will not be able to get yours done without removing the ECU. Call Oliver at speedtuning 301-421-9464 for all details.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:05 AM
1st Gear

you could find buy a spare stock ecu and ship that out, either at a junk yard or in the classifieds for a couple hundred $'s.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

Hey,

If you go to the ARP website you can find a list of dealers that can flash an ECU upgrade. so you don't need to remove the ECU. They just down load it off the net I think.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ljride

Hey,

If you go to the ARP website you can find a list of dealers that can flash an ECU upgrade. so you don't need to remove the ECU. They just down load it off the net I think.
i think you meant APR , but he wants speed tuning because the chip is only $125 right now where APR is $500.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Is it really very big in europe? i dont fkn think so. All my info was forwarded(got receipt in my inbox) and yet so many weeks later when my car is all the way aparti call Oliver i found out that they CANT chip my car cuz its tip? wtf[sm=dontgetit.gif]i thought it was in business for a while and should have everything for every car. So much for a customer service leting me know day of the shipping that they are retards

Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear

That shouldn't make a difference for the engine control ecu. They are probably just don't have the program for your automatic transmission ecu. Getting your TIPcontrol unitchipped and the engine control ECU chipped is 2 very different things. The ECU chip controls the boost, airflow, timing, and fuel. The TIP chip only controls shift points, etc for the TIP automatic transmission. At least that's what I think...but I have a 5 speed. Has anyone else here with an automatic TIPhad their engine ECU chipped by speed tuning?

Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 AM
1st Gear

so the chip is gana cost me around 125 dollars...how about the ecu how much is it gana cost me? coz if its almost the same price for both chip and ecu as the apr or giac i would rather go apr. or i dunno. wr can i locate the ecu? so nobody is doing the speed tuning chip here in los angeles?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 AM
5th Gear

you'll probly end up spending just as much if you buy an extra ecu, unless you can find a good deal from a car being parted out thats exactly the same as yours. or you can go to a pick and pull lot and if they have an a4 just like yours and you can pocket that **** lol

Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 AM
1st Gear

damn cant even find any ecu on the net that is being sold

Quick Reply: speed tuning chip