Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speeding ticket - hiring a lawyer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: speeding ticket - hiring a lawyer...

Just kidding Panda.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Administrator

im very tired and gullable rite now[&o]

so please dont try to sell me any magic beans rite now

Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: YFZFourFifty

im with toaster on this one... Yes i have been in many similar situations... Most likely the ticket will put a couple points 2 or 4 on your license, and when your insurance sees that then they will raise your insurance rate... so basically over a couple years of insurance you will be spending about 500+ dollars extra for insurance.

So get a lawyer and try to make sure you do not get points!

Just pay a big fine without points!
Umm, I'm not sure about there... but that is a common misconception. Insurance doesn't care about points here, they care about tickets... and they grade them on their own system... points are just for your license.. you get too many, and you lose your license...

But yeah, here, insurance has 3 classifications of traffic violations: minor, major, and serious
Minor = 5-49 over the limit
Major = 50 - 69 over the limit
Serious = 70+ over the limit

This is all in kilometers an hour... now to prove my point, a 10 over gets you no points, while a 20 over gets you 3.... but insurance doesn't treat them any differently.

The moral of the story, is avoid ALL tickets.... Oh, and the other thing... I'd never hire a lawyer, for many reasons... but one good reason is that say I got busted doing 40 over... chances are he'd get it lowered to maybe 10 over or something like that in court, but no matter what, I doubt he'd get the ticket REMOVED... so the lowered ticket is still gonna screw me just as hard on insurance.
Oh, and a lot of those places say "we win or it's free" ... umm, getting your 490 dollar ticket lowered to a 475 dollar ticket is considered a win. Gayzors!

Old 03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

ORIGINAL: YFZFourFifty

im with toaster on this one... Yes i have been in many similar situations... Most likely the ticket will put a couple points 2 or 4 on your license, and when your insurance sees that then they will raise your insurance rate... so basically over a couple years of insurance you will be spending about 500+ dollars extra for insurance.

So get a lawyer and try to make sure you do not get points!

Just pay a big fine without points!
Umm, I'm not sure about there... but that is a common misconception. Insurance doesn't care about points here, they care about tickets... and they grade them on their own system... points are just for your license.. you get too many, and you lose your license...

But yeah, here, insurance has 3 classifications of traffic violations: minor, major, and serious
Minor = 5-49 over the limit
Major = 50 - 69 over the limit
Serious = 70+ over the limit

This is all in kilometers an hour... now to prove my point, a 10 over gets you no points, while a 20 over gets you 3.... but insurance doesn't treat them any differently.

The moral of the story, is avoid ALL tickets.... Oh, and the other thing... I'd never hire a lawyer, for many reasons... but one good reason is that say I got busted doing 40 over... chances are he'd get it lowered to maybe 10 over or something like that in court, but no matter what, I doubt he'd get the ticket REMOVED... so the lowered ticket is still gonna screw me just as hard on insurance.
Oh, and a lot of those places say "we win or it's free" ... umm, getting your 490 dollar ticket lowered to a 475 dollar ticket is considered a win. Gayzors!
arent you in canda? i dont think thats the case here in the states

Old 03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

So your saying that since I got a ten mph speeding ticket that I might not have any trouble with the insurance company?

Old 03-16-2006, 09:59 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: toaster

got stopped doing 86 in a 65.

has anyone who's been caught in a similar situation hired a lawyer who's helped them out?

i am thinking of hiring someone for 500 dollars, does that price seem alright?

thanks in advance.
YES get a lawyer! I got Busted at 120 in a 55, Class C misdemenor / Aggravated Speeding . On top of 2 other tickets a month prior to that.

It was either jail, or a lawyer for me. So i chose the obvious.

Get a good lawyer that can get the judge to drop the charges, by giving you like a year of supervision or something.

I had to do 10 days of community service, pay 176$ for the ticket and i have 1 year supervision. The lawyer saved my ***. The case is getting written off my record in November when i go to court again to close the case.

I am also working with that lawyer to get the 2 other tickets off my record, which he said he will.

The 500$ youll spend on the lawyer will save you thousands of insurance in the future!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: socalaudi

I hired a lawyer for my fix it ticket. Yep he got me off so I didn't have to put a front plate back on my car.
so your lawyer got you off, how did that go for you???

sorry i probably thought that was more funny then it really was

Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: murphy_boy_2

So your saying that since I got a ten mph speeding ticket that I might not have any trouble with the insurance company?
bring it to court and if he doesnt show up you dont have to pay it.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mjvss21

ORIGINAL: socalaudi

I hired a lawyer for my fix it ticket. Yep he got me off so I didn't have to put a front plate back on my car.
so your lawyer got you off, how did that go for you???

No he didn't get me off like that, thats what my fiance is for

sorry i probably thought that was more funny then it really was

Old 03-16-2006, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear

I've got to go to court, becasue a school bus driver said that I passed his bus while his red lights were flashing....

Totally outrageous... I would never do that, it's retarded. I'm going to be representing myself, so hopefully all goes well. Court date is April 4th.... [&:]

Quick Reply: speeding ticket - hiring a lawyer...