Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sport suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Cr
1st Gear
Default sport suspension questions

I have an 01 a4 quattro with a stock sport suspension and it's too soft, high and comfortable for me. I've decided to buy and install another sport suspension.
Several questions have raised when I was looking for the proper suspension for my vehicle.

What is a difference in lowering between stock sport and non-sport audi suspension?
The numbers for the suspension lowering for example eibach springs is written comparing to stock non-sport suspension. Am I right?

Is there any difference for suspension for audi's before 00 and after?

To make things clearer for you I want to buy a weitec suspension (http://www.weitec.de). I doubt somebody from you have heard something about this company, because it sells only in europe.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: sport suspension questions

Ok well I ride H&R sports with bilstiens shocks. I like this setup for you can go to ECS tuning and get 2 coil over kits for the bilstien shock and you have a very adj coilover for half the price. the OEM lower springs are just OE H&R sports which lower the car but only an inch and not an inch and half like the sports. But the spring rate for each are the same. you can go with the dealers OEM lowering setup but I don't think the shocks or the springs have a lifetime warr like both bilsteins and konis. (two of the best shocks to have and you must change the shocks with the springs or you will blow out your old ones) and you can go with Neuspeed, H&R.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Cr
1st Gear

Thanks for your reply.
As for suspension I already have a stock audi suspension and ofcourse would change springs with shocks together.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Cr
1st Gear

What lowering should springs have to lower the stock sport suspension? For example what springs from h&r will be better solution not to lower my car totalluy to the ground? As I understood for myself is that stock audi with sport h&r springs will have nearly the same clearence as the stock audi with stock sport suspension? Yes or no?

Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Cr

What lowering should springs have to lower the stock sport suspension? For example what springs from h&r will be better solution not to lower my car totalluy to the ground? As I understood for myself is that stock audi with sport h&r springs will have nearly the same clearence as the stock audi with stock sport suspension? Yes or no?
No the sport setup from audi which is eibach has a inch drop all the way around. Which isn't that much but it gives you the same spring rate as a sport. Don't get me wrong Eibach is a great spring but it doesn't give you the front rake like the Neuspeeds and H&R's. Now I have used both sports Neuspeeds and H&R...and well I love my H&R better far better then the Neuspeeds. Now the diff between OE sports and sports are the same as I stated above( with the audi sport combo). The drop is only an inch vs inch and a half. Its more for looks and having a lower center of gav. for better handling. But I have bad roads and live in Pittsburgh bad weather and really really bad roads. I rub my belly pan everyday and well I hate it. This summer I am going OE sports by H&R. Shocks Bilsteins are nice because of the coilover kit (which you could get sports too and adj them way up in the winter and drop for summer) but they are a hard shock...where Konis you can adj how hard the shock is. So you could twist and make the shock med setting and you will still have all you fillings.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

I love my H&R race springs and Bilstein grooved shocks. I believe they are a little bit lower than the sport package, but its only noticable when I go over speed bumps, which suck anyway. Other than that I never ground out and the ride is awesome.

H&R and Bilstein are top notch. And you should be able to get these over there because they are German imports into US anyway...

Old 01-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Cr
1st Gear

Pson
coilovers are certainly alluring decision but every time you change your ride-height you need to re-aligne your car. And I don't think I will be do it more than 2 times.

Could somebody tell the difference between before 06.00 and after 06.00 A4 suspension.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Cr
1st Gear

Is there any difference becides the possibility of ride height adjustment between coilovers and shocks & springs kits?

Old 01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear

Pson
coilovers are certainly alluring decision but every time you change your ride-height you need to re-aligne your car. And I don't think I will be do it more than 2 times.

Could somebody tell the difference between before 06.00 and after 06.00 A4 suspension.

Who told you that is dumb, you can't fix the camber on an A4. If you drop your car you will have a camber and you can't adj it unless you pay almost a grand and get CCP control arms. second you can't adj the camber on the rear wheels no matter what. People have shimmed up the alxes but then it tosses the rear brakes out of alm and you can really mess up your ABS and all that jazz. Plus the coilover kits that I was talking about slides over your Bilstien shock...So you can always take them off too if you hate them, but I didn't see you were oversea's and ECS most likly would be to high in price after the shipping.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Is there any difference becides the possibility of ride height adjustment between coilovers and shocks & springs kits?
Yes but you didn't understand what I posted, the coilovers are a stiffer shock with really low springs (more racing then you what you want to do) The thing I was talking about is 150 for a pair and it slides right over your shock body (must be bilsteins sport shocks too) and then you have paid about half of what you would have paid for a set of coilovers.

Quick Reply: sport suspension questions