Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

squeaky bird chirp sound

Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Default squeaky bird chirp sound

I have a squeaky bird chirp sound coming from the right side of the engine. It normally makes this sound when I'm cruising at 2200- 2700 rpm. I can make the sound fluctuate with the throttle. It also makes the sound when I let off the throttle and its fully closed. My boost also doesn't seem there or if it is, its not great. Is this the normal sound of a bad DV . Ive been searching for an hour and only see a fluttering sound it makes of a bad DV. ASAP I will install a boost Gage to help myself out. But I really wanted to know if a bad DV makes this sound. I cannot replicate the sound in park reving the engine from the throttle while I'm listening close in that area. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:00 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: squeaky bird chirp sound

Is it your engine or your wheel? Could it be the wheel bearing going out since it can only be heard when moving???

Josh

Old 03-06-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

definitely not wheel bearing noise, I can make the sound fluctuate with just a little throttle, going the same speed. Ireplaced wheel bearings. Its a different sound. If I floor it there is no sound.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
2nd Gear

Try spraying silicone lubricant on the drive belts and test drive it. Belts often times sound like birds. If you turn on your AC will it change?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 AM
1st Gear

all the drive belts are new with fresh timing belt job 5k ago. the sound it there with a/c/ or not. with heat on or off. could it possibly be a vacuum or boost leak. Or a squeaky DV

Old 03-06-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

I get a squeaky bird chirp sound only at idle. The fequencydoes not change but the rate/speedincreases to the point that it is almost a solid squeek then it will stop. It starts slow and increases over about a one minute duration then it stops. It sounds like it could be coming from the driver side rear. I just ignore it, it does not seem to be a big "red flag"...I just can't explain it when someone else asks what it is. I just say the hamster wheel neede grease.

If anyone has a fix or an idea I'll look into it.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

I'll see what my mechanic friend says about it when he replaces my tie-rods.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

nextel bleep?

Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
1st Gear

I just replaced tie rod ends this past weekend. They never squeaked, just knocked while going over bumps and made the steering sloppy. It was a quick easy DIY job. No allignment needed after.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bluesnapper

I just replaced tie rod ends this past weekend. They never squeaked, just knocked while going over bumps and made the steering sloppy. It was a quick easy DIY job. No allignment needed after.
I know the tie rods arnt squeaking but I will have him check the bird calls out. For $25 install its worth not getting my hands dirty plus he is doing the alignment because he recently installed my shocks and springs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: squeaky bird chirp sound