Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

subs w/ audi symphony radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default subs w/ audi symphony radio

yeah ihave the audi symphony and im trying to hook up subs in my car. is this impossible with this head unit? do you need an after market head unit to hook up subs? the reason i ask is because i ran all the wires for the amp and pulled out the radio but there's no line in/line out plugs for the rca's. im pretty new to audio especially with audi's.
thanks
im trying to run 2 12" mtx subs by the way
01 a4

Old 12-11-2006, 08:53 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: subs w/ audi symphony radio

I believe you can. Search it. Onepoint8tee has subs with stock amp and unit.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

i have another pioneer amp that i wanna hook up.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

i got a 12 inch infinity subwoofer for 15 bucks on ebay..i couldnt turn it down....i have an amp in my new navigation system and my stock speakers

i think i will install the sub this weekend.... i'll keep u posted on how it will sound

Old 12-11-2006, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

i'm not sure about which system i have, (there is a sub in the rear window "dash"), i simply disconnected the inputs going to the amp for this sub and connected them into my amp. now this will only work if you are using using a low level connection to a sub. if you don't have the stock sub/amp you may need to buy a line level to speaker level converter,with the converter you can simplly splice that into your rear speaker leads and then to the amp and you'll be styplin. Some amps also have speaker level inputs. hope this helps a little.

had 2 15" kicker solobarics with a kicker ZR1000 in the back of my 98 neon......... sucked the trunk in, paint started chipping off, rear view mirror fell off, BBBBOOOMMMMMMMM BBBBOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........ oh my younger years, makes me wonder how i can still hear anything....

Old 12-11-2006, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

definately not impossible. i have the stock head unit and door speakers. and just put to rockford's in the trunk. i know how yall feel about best buy but go up there. they will have what you need. i forget what its called

Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Guru

https://www.audiforums.com/m_318162/tm.htm
try searching next time took me 2 seconds to find it in the diy

also can use this
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pics/elec70-connector.jpg

Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear

does anybody have a pic of the stock amp. i found a box i under the driver side trunk latch thing, but its really small and has 5 wires coming out of it, doesnt look anything like the diagram

Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

Hi I'm a new Audi owner (2003 1.8T Quatrro w/ Bose Premium Sound) and I have a problem and was hoping someone could help. Whenever I listen to any type of music, there is a scratching/static like sound coming from what i assumed was the speakers. I took the car to a local stereo shop asking them to replace any bad speakers and he said they were all fine. He suggested there could be something wrong with the Bose amplifier located over the rear passenger side tire?? Any ideas if this is it, he didn't sound very confident??

Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
1st Gear

You need a wiring harness that splices the line out and adds the conector to a rca jack. It goes inbetween the head unit and the wire harness going to the car. If you tap into the speaker wires it will not be clean.

Quick Reply: subs w/ audi symphony radio