Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Problems

Old 01-24-2007, 06:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Suspension Problems

When I got my lowering springs. I purchased the Neuspeed Race Springs. My Car was lowered dramitcally looks great and drives great. Theres only one problem... When someone else wants to come for a ride with me, the extra weight drops the ride height of the vehicle even more and my tires begin rubbing up against the body of the car. This only occurs when i go over bumps traveling at speeds of 25 MPH or more.. Its a pain in the butt im just looking for the least expensive solution to this problem while I can still obtain an aggressive lowered suspension look for my vehicle.

Heres what ive come up with
1. Buy Neuspeed Sport Springs(half an inch higher than my current suspension) $199.95 + $400 labor installation
2. Get shorter tires.. est price over 1 grand
3. Remove Dead Wieght parts.. AKA Backsteats/ Sparetire

If anyone has any other ideas lemme know... Cuz i gotta do something about this and im getting a paycheck for about $800 soon

Old 01-24-2007, 06:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Suspension Problems

low pro tires hella low pro cause dropping the dead weight is not going to make much of a difference? but if you go will a low pro you will lose the nice ride, but does it ride funny now with the lowering kit? j/w i dotn know other wise hope you find a good way

Old 01-24-2007, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I dont have the money for low profile tires... another thing is I allready bought yokohama as430... the ride sucks! bumpy as hell... but with the pirelli P6 it was very nice.. I got yokohama so tire kingdom would insure my tires and so I get free alignments... But just in case... If im running 235/45/R17 what would be the proper dimensions 235/??/R17.. FYI The Lowered Suspension makes cornering and highspeed steering a breeze...

Old 01-24-2007, 06:42 AM
5th Gear

Hey man sorry to hear about your suspension probs, I don’t know that to tell you about that other then try a different size tire....

However I am really interested in how in gods name you made a G2 supercharger fit on your 3.2ltr??? a G2 is for the 2.8 not even the 3.0, let alone the 3.2ltr.... and if it was one for a 3.0 it would be a G3 not G2... I’m not trying to call you out man, just interested in what you got working for ya, cuz I do remember you had a "typhoon supercharger" that made an insane 310whp..... You got any pix of your set up?? lol just trying to get the facts straight

Old 01-24-2007, 04:34 PM
3rd Gear

find where its rubbing and fix it. u may need the fenders rolled or maybee its as easy as grinding or cutting down a piece of fender liner. just take off the wheels and inspect it.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Site Moderator

I say take the back seats out, remove the trunk liner, take out the custom exhaust from the cat back (still gotta pass emissions ya know?) and youll be fine. And if youre gunna lie about mods, at least do some research and find out if they are even applicable to your car...

Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Grey I

Yeah I dont have the money for low profile tires...
Funny, he has no money for low profile tires, but wants to trade in his a4 for a lotus exige. What a crock of BS. Grey1, I hope you trade in your a4 for anything else, then we wont have to read all your lies on the forum that you keep posting.
You should have got coilovers, instead of springs, then you could make adjustments to the ride height to fix your issues.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I say take the back seats out, remove the trunk liner, take out the custom exhaust from the cat back (still gotta pass emissions ya know?) and youll be fine. And if youre gunna lie about mods, at least do some research and find out if they are even applicable to your car...
lololololololollolololololololollololololololo.... .... PES G2. ooh yea i have one of those too.. lol

Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

I am not sure if this will help because I am not too good with cars. How about get sport shocks installed?

Old 01-24-2007, 05:45 PM
5th Gear

pshhhh man your slow I got two PES G2's and one G3 take that son
ORIGINAL: sandman

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

lololololololollolololololololollololololololo.... .... PES G2. ooh yea i have one of those too.. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension Problems