Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default Test pipes

How much of a differenct will test pipes make on a 2001 1.8t a4?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Test pipes

Check out this pevious post of mine. There are pics and as well as some of my reseach from AW to get rid of the CEL. Look up on AW test pipe and see what you get. Ough and BTW with just the spark plug non fowler my CEL went away and has been off for a month now or since i posted that topic, but that always dosen't get rid off the CEL for some people.

Test Pipe

Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 AM
1st Gear

what exactly is a spark plug non fowler and where to get this and yes I know what a spark plug is but is this non fowler thing a plug with no guts or something

Old 02-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Zombie Defense Force

were did u get ur test pipe? do u have any seggustions when installing it?

Old 02-09-2005, 03:55 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: aaronamericahall
what exactly is a spark plug non fowler and where to get this and yes I know what a spark plug is but this non fowler thing a plug with no guts or something
It is used on very old carburated engines to move the spark plugs out of the combustion chamber so they don't fowl. At least if i read it right that is what it is suppose to do. Goto autozone or somewhere like that. They should have it since that is where i got mine and they are like $5. You need two of them and two of them come in a pack. Take them out of the package and drill both of them out using a 3/8" drill bit first and then a 1/2" drill bit last. Make sure when you drill it out that you don't hit the threads because they will get messed up and will have to buy two more non - fowlers like me. The reason why your drilling it out is because the head of the O2 sensor will not fit through the hole of the non - fowler and it won't thread on because it can't go in.
were did u get ur test pipe? do u have any seggustions when installing it?
I got mine used for like $80. Some sugestions are to have PB blast nut remover if your nuts are rusty, LOL. I didn't spray my the nuts on the turbo because that heats up pretty quick and i didn't want to take any chances of burnig it or a fire. Get new gaskets. For both sides of the test pipe, especially the turbo exhaust exit. IF you don't want to get a new gasket where it meet at the DP thats fine, just make sure it looks decent. Ough and have time just incase you run into problems and patience. Ough and the nuts on the DP are known to break so keep those in mind too. Hope this helps.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:08 AM
1st Gear

thanks for that info very much needed I will try getting those at autozone tommorow, you should do a DIY here for this

Old 02-09-2005, 04:25 AM
2nd Gear

Ough when you goto auto zone there are like 4 different sizes. Make sure you get the right one, they all are noticablly different so use your judgement on size if you have to, its not that hard to pick the right one. If you can't figure it out PM me and ill check my auto zone and give you the part number or it might be on my receipt. Yea a DIY post would be good, maybe when i do my k04.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:24 AM
1st Gear

well I bought the non fowler today I will try the install maybe tommorow

Old 02-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Zombie Defense Force

If you can will you plz take some pictures and post them so i can see what and how you did it?
Thanks

Old 02-10-2005, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

ok I installed the non fowler plug today and was very easy so hopefully the CEL will clear today or tommorow and if not I will add the second plug it came with it

Quick Reply: Test pipes