Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you with South Bend Clutches...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:03 PM
1st Gear
Default For those of you with South Bend Clutches...

Did you get the lightweight flywheel as well? If so, what do you think of it and would you recommend it for others? I was going to get an AWE Stg II clutch with lightweight flywheel, but I have heard nothing but good things about South Bend and after reading it says it has stock-like shifting with the OFE kit (what I'm looking at), whereas the the AWE is somewhat more abrupt, not to mention about $500 more... Thanks in advance guys!

JB

Old 07-12-2005, 04:10 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: For those of you with South Bend Clutches...

Awe use's southbend clutchs. The ofe serios is suppose to be better then awe stage II its rated for more. Tom and i are both making well over 300ft/pd and there holding. I had some probs with mine(glaze) but now mine is working well.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:25 PM

I just got my southbend ofe series last week this week had the stock flywheel machined had quite a few hot spots and we are going to install it this thursday night heard nothing but bad things about LWFW with chattering I would like to replace mine to the stock one probley weighs 25lbs

Old 07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

yea i wouldnt get the flywheel, i hear it chatters alot. i LOVE my southbend.