Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips on keeping Belly Pan on??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default Tips on keeping Belly Pan on??

of course my belly pan only has the 2 rear screws.. the ones on the far left and far right.. closest to the tires.. and 1.. yes 1.. screw on the bumper part...

the last couple days the back 2 screws keep coming undone and i keep dragging the belly pan.. as of now.. i have completely removed it until i come up with a solution..

anyone else had this problem? would i be able to find screws to fit at Home Depot or something? or is there any other tips/tricks you guys have come across.. or maybe its just my POS belly pan..

Old 04-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Tips on keeping Belly Pan on??

well you can get all your screws in there. or just take it out, when i droped my car i cracked the belly pan so its not on there anymore. im thinking i will get the one from stratmosphere that is metal.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:07 AM
5th Gear

Yea I took mine off and never put it back on, done see any difference in cooling or anything

Old 04-04-2006, 06:29 AM
2nd Gear

ya mine have always ending up getting ripped or shredded on lowered cars.. i havent lowered the A4 yet.. but wasnt sure if people had issues scraping up anything that shouldnt be under there..

Old 04-04-2006, 09:53 AM
3rd Gear

lowered my car then it cracked and hung down, i fixed it and put it back on but i drive up to the mountain almost every other day so i feel that i need it. if you are not doing any kind of rough driving i would say just leave it off.

a nut and a bolt will work but it will be a bit of a pain everytime you have to remove it

Old 04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem. I destroyed my belly pan, took chunks out of it because it kept falling down.

I finally ordered a new one from the local VW dealership, a W8 belly pan. It matches up perfectly and is cheaper than the A4 equivilent. I used the stock hardware that came with the new bellypan, but I also drilled a few holes in the plastic bellypan and used zip ties (I think around 6 of them). If I need to get back under there, I just clip off the zip ties, but I know that thing isn't coming off.

Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: north5995

zip ties

dont know why i didnt think of that.. will work perfect for the 2 in the back..

Old 02-15-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

I hit a snow burm yesterday and my front pan ripped right off....leaving the metal bracket in the back bent down and scraping the pavement. I bent the pieces back up but the pan is gone. My question is, do i need that pan to protect any sensitive parts down there, and for aerodynamics? Maybe its just me but i think my gas milage wasnt as good on my 45 mile drive to work today. (down from 29 mpg to 25)

Old 02-15-2007, 10:05 PM
5th Gear

it really doesnt do much man, but if your really worried about it go get another from a junk yard or the dealer

Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

ever since i smacked my ex gf's jetta vr6 down in a pothole and cracked her oil pan, i've been thinking about getting a metal one for my car.

Quick Reply: Tips on keeping Belly Pan on??