Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Tire suggestions?

Thinking of getting new tires for my 2002 B6 A4 3.0L, going to stay with stock size and debating between Toy Proxes T1R's and Goodyear F1's. I live in Toronto and these are priced at CDN $280 -$300 installed, anyone know of a retailer that may sell for less in Toronto.

Just wondering if anyone is runnin with these and what they think or if they would recommend anything else.

Thks

Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Tire suggestions?

Thats pretty cheap... Im a fan of Kumho, Bridgestone, BF's, and of course Michelin. Of those, I think Kumho's are the best bang for the buck. Never tried a Goodyear tire before.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

I suppose it also depends on how you drive and what you're looking for in a tire: durability, grab, reliability, life, etc. I was looking to keep my stock tire as well, wanted the best bang for my buck, with a reliable all season since I have a fairly decent commute. Was looking to replace my Dunlops (which blew by the way)witheitherBridgestone Potenzas, Kumho Ecsta ASX's (excellent grab but short life), or Yokohama YK520's (specific to Discount Tire, I think). I ended up getting the Yoko's and pretty happy with them so far-

Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

Best tire I ever owned Hankook Ventus HRII. I've beaten on these tires for a year and a half now and they're still ok. You cannot get these tires to hydroplane. The orig tires are craptacular Dunlap SP Sport 8000s which were embarassingly poor and hydroplaned at 70 on the highway. Also, the Hankooks are very cheap (I got them from Edge Racing for less than $70 each).

Old 07-18-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Keep your eyes open for sales at Bramalea Tire in Brampton. They sell the Eagle F1s and you can get them for a pretty damn good price. My brother runs F1s on his 305 whp mustang and--let me tell you--- they stick like sh*t on a blanket, rain or shine. awesome tire.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bam_bam

they stick like sh*t on a blanket
Never heard that one before.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear

it was the most descriptive thing i could think of

Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

Lol. Do you change many babies?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

i use two sets of tires on my audi:
Hankook Ventus HRII: you can go out and just shred these things, come back home, and they are fine. i've spend days just out powersliding and they just wont show any signs of taking a beating. however, after like 2 years they become very hard

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S= the m+S of course standing for all season tires, these have got to be the stickiest all season tires ive ever driven. for 7.5-8 inch wide rims go the 225/40 size, and be amazing. these are a great tire for the track or if ur out on a joyride on the back roads of ur town where it is really twisty, they wont let go of the road. however, if you spend a whole day drifting in these tires you'll be able to tell when you get home.

moral of the story: for a day of recklessness and just laying down rubber- the hankooks on the stock rims
for a day of hard driving and needed grip- the pirelli's on either the stock rims or a little bit wider 18 inchers

Old 07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

I think I will go with the Goodyear F1's, that s#%t sticking to blanket analogy sold me. LOL

I am going with the All Season F1's as I don't commute to work and drive maybe 10,000 KM all year so i can't justify getting summers and winters, plus read a few reviews and they rate well.

Called Bramlea Tire and they quoted CDN $239 Instl per tire so seems like a good price. Anyone know of lower in the Toronto area?

Thanks Bam Bam

Quick Reply: Tire suggestions?