Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Turbo boost, oil in intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear
Default Turbo boost, oil in intake?

I have a 2000 Audi A4 Quattro and im wondering what is the stock boost of the turbo cause it seems like its only putting out like 2 lbs. and how can i get more boost . Also why is it that there is a whose that connects to what seems like a valve on the intake and has oil residue in it, is oil supposed to flow through there? and lastly one more question the whose from the intercooler that connects to the turbo has oil around it, im trying to find out what I should do? There seems to be no other oil leakage besides the whose thats connected at the turbo from the intercooler? what would be the reason why is leaking?

Old 04-23-2007, 04:38 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Turbo boost, oil in intake?

stock turbo only boosts at like 8psi. chip it and it will spike around 18-21psi and hold 15-17psi. dont turn up boost with a boost controller

Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 AM
1st Gear

Ok I believe APR has one and is about $500, I guess putting a boost controller on a Audi is a not the best way to go to get some power, 8 lbs is stock for a K03 turbo. Whats with the oil in the intake?

Old 04-23-2007, 06:25 AM
18T
4th Gear

your turbo is shot. i dont think there should be oil in that system. and your turbo is at 2psi soo.. time to upgrade.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:28 AM
5th Gear

well a little oil in the intake is normal but the 2 psi leads me to think your turbo is shot

Old 04-23-2007, 08:08 AM
2nd Gear

all fingers point to the turbo being toast time to get a k-04

Old 04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm make believe

It IS or SEEMS like? That is a big differnce. You could be in limp. If your turbo was shot you would be blowing smoke out your exhaut and look like a desiel. Reset your ecu via vagcom or by unpluging you battery for 10mins. The oil in the intake/ic piping is just blow-by, that is normal. A catch can will clear that up for you, massive amounts would mean a bad pvc.

So clear any code (you dont have to have a CEL to have codes) and then take it for a test drive. Also a boost gauge is your best friend if you sont have one.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:22 AM
1st Gear

OK so most of you say that it is blown, but im not throwing smoke and what one of my friends told me is that it might be some sort of vaccum leakage and thats probably where all my boost goes, but I will reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for about 10 minutes. Well thanks for the help, How much is a K04 cause im looking at a GT28RS by Garret for about $1500.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:42 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kraylon

all fingers point to the turbo being toast time to get a k-04

Uhhhh, do a leak test to be sure and even so, it could just be a leak like some are saying. Turbos are expensive. With a little ingenuity, you could probably take yours out and clean it or something... I don;t know but I'd do everything I could before replacing the turbo. Rule of economics dictates that it would not be worth your while COSTS vs. BENEFITS

Old 04-24-2007, 10:47 AM
4th Gear

Yeah 2pds of boost is low low... Your turbo might be shot, or possibly your in limp mode (Even though I believe a light comes up when this occurs), or it could just be a simple leak. Are you positive your boosting 2Pds or did you just throw that out there? Bring us back the codes and I'm sure someone can analyze your problem further. Otherwise check to see if its any of the things we've listed.

Quick Reply: Turbo boost, oil in intake?