AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Turbo boost, oil in intake? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/turbo-boost-oil-intake-61421/)

cincyTT 04-24-2007 01:58 PM

RE: Turbo boost, oil in intake?

pounds = lbs

A pressure tester like this one should make finding the problem so much easier.

onepoint8tee 04-24-2007 02:59 PM

Sounds like a stock A4 to me. Oil blow by in minimal amountsis normal like cincytt said. They are slow cars in stock form. You didnt mention that you have a boost gauge, so Im taking your statement"seems like 2psi" with a grain of salt. If you want to start diagnosing your engine, start with investing in a boost gauge, and getting your ecu scanned for any fault codes. Autozone or Advance Auto Partswill do it for free. I doubt yor turbo is blown. Of course check all HOSE connections for lose clamps, etc.

2k S4 04-24-2007 03:19 PM

Check the breather system, it might be clogged & causing some oil in the intake. Is there oil at the throttle body, or just in the lower pipe?

2PSI sounds like limp mode, if the turbo was blown & only capable of doing 2psi, there would be either some horrible noise, or a nice plume of smoke. Check the stored codes, you might have a simple boost leak, or a bad N75. You can also log block 115 in Vag-com to see if the car is only requesting 2psi.

chaos92287 04-24-2007 03:22 PM

if your gona replace the turbo you pretty much have 2 options. BT or k04. with a k04 you can opt for the basic setup which will end up running you around 1000 total for decent gains. or an aggressive setup which will end up running you around $2000 which will get you pretty respectable gains. or you could just go BT (which i recommend). with a BT you will have to have quite a few supporting mods. ATP sells a gt28rs elim will all the hardware you'd need for $1600, but elim's aren't the most reliable of turbo's. a full gt2871r would be better but you would also need a new intake manifold and test pipe to fit the turbo (elim's have the same flanges as a k03/k04 so they bolt right up in place) ATP has a kit for eveything you need (sans injectors, fmic, clutch, and software) for 2400. it includes the turbo, intake manifold, test pipe, intake, and oil lines. total cost will end up being around $3500.

This is only if your turbo is shot. get everything checked out first. you probly just have a boost leak.

DannyBoy263 04-24-2007 10:27 PM

Alright well im gonna take it to the shop and get it looked at and see what the problem is, I know for sure that its not blown cause its one of those that if it would happen you could tell. Well i thank you all for the help, i'll let you know what happens, and if anyone could hook me up with aftermarket parts for cheap that would be awesome.

chaos92287 04-25-2007 01:03 AM

skim through the classifieds here and on audizine and audiworld.you can find some really good deals there.

DannyBoy263 04-25-2007 03:21 AM

So does anyone know how to reset the stereo and type in the code, cause I cant figure it out and I dont have the manual.