Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
V-FLOW
100.00%
HIGH FLOW
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

V-FLOW VS. HIGH-FLOW?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:00 PM
1st Gear
Default V-FLOW VS. HIGH-FLOW?

i hear that evolution ms is releasing a v-flow intake for the B6 and im actually thinking of maybe swaping out my evoMS CAI for the v-flow since everyone says that your actually losing power with CAI. whats the diffrence b/w my high-flow and the v-flow?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: V-FLOW VS. HIGH-FLOW?

pm newyorka, hes been doin alot of research about the v-flow.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Site Moderator

A "short ram" intake will kill your performance more than a CAI. A CAI sucks air that is cooler and further away from the cat/turbo/engine area unlike a short ram-which is most common. The only problem with a CAI is the increased chance of sucking up water. Youll have the best performance with the stock air box for your setup-like most people. Intakes are really only for sound unless you have a BT setup.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

yea i know i think i still have my stock air box in the garage im gunna try and look for it and put it back in. you know anything on that v-flow intake though?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: audiant

yea i know i think i still have my stock air box in the garage im gunna try and look for it and put it back in. you know anything on that v-flow intake though?
I dont know anything about it other than its going to be just another overpriced mod that does nothing for you, power-wise (unless you got BT). Im sure it will look cool and sound great though.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

i hate to say it but ur absolutly right. but i love that sound! would u happen to know if maybe replacing the evoMS cone filter with a K&N cone filter would help my performance?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Site Moderator

i hate to say it but ur absolutly right. but i love that sound! would u happen to know if maybe replacing the evoMS cone filter with a K&N cone filter would help my performance?
No man.. You wont notice a difference swapping filters. If the K&N is bigger, it might sound more thoaty. But never expect power gains from an intake unless you have a BT that thrives on high flow.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
1st Gear

yea i know lol i just dunt know what else to spend my money on lol u know how it is its a disease(moding) and i just cant stop

Old 12-07-2006, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

yea i know lol i just dunt know what else to spend my money on lol u know how it is its a disease(moding) and i just cant stop

Dude... you should never say that. I can't find enough money to spend on all the mods that I wanna do.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

I have not heard of a v-flow for the b6, I know for a fact that the v-flow for a b-5 is in the works and currently in the patent phase their custom MAF adapeter took a while to finish but as far as b-6 I have not heard anything about it. I will ask though and even though i might get extra performance from the stock airbox, the sound that I get from my high flow is absolutely aweseme plus when I let of that gas I get that pssshhhh from my DV. Power losses aside I love it and I do have more throttle response and much more jump off the line with my cai. plus that wonderful 1.8t growl. Its a keeper for me until the v-flow comes out.

Quick Reply: V-FLOW VS. HIGH-FLOW?