Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear
Default VW need your help!

hi guys,
i know this is audi forum, and I consider myself A4 member. I really wanted to get S4, but had $$ only for something like this VW, after I fix and sell this one I will get S4.
i posted similar thread on 2 vw forums, but I don’t see much action on those forums.

last week I got this cheap totaled 2001 VW Passat and it’s missing complete frontend, i already have a guy who will do frame work and installation should be easy if I get all the parts.
some of you audi owners worked on and have software for VW I’m looking for list of part #s for missing parts and would be nice to have some kind of frontend blue print for 2001 VW Passat, I’m pretty sure this is 2001.5 vw w/ new body style.

feel free to PM or email me.

thank a lot for all the help!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: VW need your help!

You need the whole lock carrier w/radiator, ac condensor, bumper/bumper cover,etc. That front drivers side brace/frame where the bumper shocks connect looks fucked. Ill look in my software to see what I can come up with as far as specific parts/part #'s. But it aint gunna be easy. You should just go to a junk yard and try to find one that wasnt wrecked in the front (good luck) and get the whole front end and piece it together. Looks like youre missing the p/s pump too, and obviously the air box.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 PM

Wow...that's one hell of a project....well, I would say your best bet would be the wrecking yards...try LKQ....they have a ton of yards and prolly have a couple passats to choose from....you could always re-do the front end aftermarket for cheap...like ebay headlights, grill, front bumper....hood....well...

good luck...I took on a project similar to that one with a classic car and it was freakin frustrating

Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
4th Gear
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
5th Gear

how bout a pic wid the black covers off. i think ur missing a weird blue, looks like 3 circular ***** put together bottle thingy on the driver's side. sry idk wut it's called. and is ur dirver's side fram supposed to be bent like that? mine's straight.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
3rd Gear

join - vagcat.com - that were I usually get all my part numbers - veryify all numbers just in case though

Old 09-11-2007, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

i know it need some frame work and missing looooots of parts. i know it would be a lot easier if i find complete front end for it, but i wanna be sure i have all the parts that’s y i asked for blueprint. i still think it’s a good deal!

sofar paid $2000 for 2001.5 VW w/30k on it…. i would have to invest another $2000 if i got lucky… if i do have to buy parts from different places for it i would definitely get some after market pars for looks and possibly save some $$.

but at the end street price for this car and mileage around 13-14,000… I would sell this selvage car easily for 10-11,000… u do the math ..... here comes my S4 ...