Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WANT A FULL STEP BY STEP DIVERTER VALVE INSTALL WITH LOTS OF PICS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear
Default WANT A FULL STEP BY STEP DIVERTER VALVE INSTALL WITH LOTS OF PICS?

This site uses a Blow off valve but I found it helpful because it has lots of pretty pictures and explains things fairly well.

http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page...FBstealth.html

By the way, what do you guys think of the valve this guys put on??? I've never seen it and it looks like a Blow off valve which is a no-no with these cars.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: WANT A FULL STEP BY STEP DIVERTER VALVE INSTALL WITH LOTS OF PICS?

Why make the entire title of the thread in caps?? Its not the most sought after info. I didnt even know a DIY article had to be created to know how to put in a DV/BOV. Im not trying to call anyone "stupid" though... I guess we all start somewhere.

By the way, what do you guys think of the valve this guys put on??? I've never seen it and it looks like a Blow off valve which is a no-no with these cars.
There are DV/BOV stickies at the top of the A4 main page to answer your question(s).

Old 06-30-2007, 04:13 PM
2nd Gear

I posted it in caps only because it stands out (allot of people do it)

Also, I've looked for DIY procedures with step by step intructions with REALLY GOOD pics that explain everything and never found them here.... It's not that I'm stupid, nor is it that anyone else is but I've written manuals before and listed procedures...AND, I've written lots of essays. Here's my point. The rule to follow when writing these things, is to write it like the reader has no familiaritywith the subject WHATSOEVER. That's why the pics are great and the intructions are so clear... It really helps.Writing up a half a$$ed procedurewill only double your work as you will get PM's and replies asking you to elaborate. And you are absolutely right, we all have to start somewhere. When I start I like to make sure I know as much as I can about the procedurebefore I tackle the job.

Old 06-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator

Ok, but the fact remains, the procedure is as simple as taking a ****. The best way to learn MOST things is without instruction, and find out for yourself. In some cases this involves making mistakes. Its almost impossible to **** up installing a DV. You look at it, take it out, and put the new one in the same way the old one was. There are 3 clamps/hoses. This isnt rocket science

According to at leastthe 1st, 2nd, and 3rd page in the A4 section, a lot of people dont post subjects in caps btw In fact, you are 1 of 2 members who has done so. Follow suit n00b... jkjk .. We learn from our mistakes right?

Old 06-30-2007, 05:32 PM
2nd Gear

Well, you can try it your way.. Tiral and error, I'll do it mine. REASEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH (yes in caps) and then do it. I'll prbably still make mistake but notas many.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Site Moderator

I promise, you will not make a mistake swapping out a DV, with instructions or without. If you do, you are banned by Jeff

Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear

LOL that did make me laugh... Well I certainly don't want to get banned so I'll do my best . BTW, I bought a 2 ton jack and stands for the job. Like you said, you only need to raise the passenger side abit to get at it but it's the F$CKING belly pan that I've never removed and quite honeslty don't look forward to removing. Oh well...I'll probably do it on Monday and since I have your attentiong onepoint8tee. Can you tell me the sizes of the screw down clamps that I'll need? I remember seeing it somewhere but I can;t seem to find it anymore.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:50 PM
4th Gear

Hey, can one of you guys make a write up with pictures for replacing the battery?

I've never done it, and Im sure its easy, but i think a write up would really help.

I could also use one for the proper way to remove a wheel, and one for washing the car.

Thankx!

Old 06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Site Moderator

You can reuse 2 of the 3 clamps. There are 2 big clamps, and one small (one time use) clamp on top of the dv (vac line). You can use a zip tie in place of the one time use dv vac line clamp. Youll need tin snips to getit off. Most aftermarket DVs have a larger nipple for the vac line, and the hose should be very snug. A zip tie is nice for insurance. You wouldnt ever want to use zip ties for boost hoses/lines though.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Hey, can one of you guys make a write up with pictures for replacing the battery?

I've never done it, and Im sure its easy, but i think a write up would really help.

I could also use one for the proper way to remove a wheel, and one for washing the car.

Thankx!
All I know is, I want that BOV NOISE!

Quick Reply: WANT A FULL STEP BY STEP DIVERTER VALVE INSTALL WITH LOTS OF PICS?