Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Feet & Buzzing

Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Default Wet Feet & Buzzing

Hi,

Hoping someone out there can help or at least point me in the right direction. The car in question is a P reg TD A4.

1). Water seems to be filling the drivers side rear passenger foot compartment. This is a BIG leak. I have removed the plug from the floor to drain it. There must have been 1" of water in the footwell. Any ideas where it may be coming from or first places to start looking (theres no sunroof on this car)?

2). (And I guess this may be related to the damp above). There is a buzzer sound continuously buzzing from the dash board. The only way to stop it buzzing is to discounect the battery. I have taken the fuse panel side off but the sound seems to be more from the center of the dash. Does anyone know what it may be or what can be done about it.

Any advise or ideas would be appreciated thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Wet Feet & Buzzing

Is this your car and did this just start happening?? THAT SUCKS MAN!!! try spraying water on the bottom of the car (With the battery disconnected)and see if you can see where it's coming in. Other than that I don't know. GOOD LUCK!!!

Josh

Old 02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
4th Gear

you heater core is probably leaking

is it like a rusty orange colored water ?

Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM

The water is definetly rain water ( no coolant loss). I was wandering if there was something / somewhere in particular to look for the leak that may have been experienced by others.

I was also wondering if the water was coming down the back of the dash somewhere and had got into something electrical to cause the buzzing (ie a realy or the lights on buzzer or something).
It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the realys in the fuse box..

The cars been leaking for a while. Thought I'd better do somthing about it though as the puddle gets deep and now there is a constant buzz sound even when the car is not in use!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 PM
1st Gear

I had water leaking in from the top of the drivers door, the water would drip to the side of the drivers seat floorand roll to the rear passenger floor and fill there. I found out by spraying the roof of the car with water with someone in to watch....Hope that helps.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 PM
4th Gear

Here's something to try, and I am not kidding or joking. Take it through a carwash!!! That will tell you almost instantly where it's leaking!!!

Josh

Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 PM

Well I had a look at the car and took the battery out to see if the drain point was blocked. And it was. In fact there was a swimming pool arrangment going on! But the main culprit was the bonnect release cable grommit was not seated at all and drainage from that area was also blocked (and hence not going to the swimming pool) and taking the easiest route out or in ths case into the bloomin car. Hopefully sorted now see picks below. Had to take the car to garage to sort out the buzzing which had something to do with the alarm box being full of water. All up and running and took the time to remove the black pollen fiter and put a new one in!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
4th Gear

Glade you got it fixed!!!!

Josh

Old 08-26-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

Mine is doing the same thing so I'll take a look. Thanks for the pics.