Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wham!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Wham!

So I just got my 97 A4tq as a winter/commuter car. I did a little work on it to make it perfect but for the most part it was in excellent shape when I purchased it. I took it out in a nasty snowstorm the other day just to have fun and play in the snow. Over all, I like it very much.

Now that you have been brought up to date, enter, my wife. My wife and I are polar opposites when it comes to organization, tidiness, etc. My wife is the talk on the cel-phone while she drives, let the kids eat in the car, carry evergreen shrubs home in the trunk and never clean it out, kind of woman.

I am an OCD freak and I am the first to admit it. This usually works out perfectly because we balance each other out perfectly.

So yesterday, my wife is massively over committed and doing ten things at once as usual. I had just returned from the car wash with my other car (05 RX8). To get the 8 out, I had to move my Audi over to the far right side of the drive. This left plenty of room for my wife to pull her car (Chrysler 300).

I blame myself.

I should have told her that my car was not in it’s usual, safely out of the way place. She ran out the garage door, saying she had a conference call. My first thought was, ’hmmm, Should probably tell her my car is in the driveway.” She always gets mad when I do that. I always get the, “you jerk, I’m not stupid!” look.

I hear the car start and the garage door opening. My OCD gets the better of me and I try to call… no answer. I notice that the garage door has not closed yet… my stomach turns. Moments later I hear the inside door to the garage open and then my lovely wife’s voice reverberate through the house, saying those five little words every husband loves to hear, “Honey…I hit your car.”

Before I could catch it, one word escaped my mouth in my loudest, angriest correctional officer voice…”F***!!!!” I turned, a little surprised at myself, to see my three-year-old staring at me, mouth agape.

“Why you say F*** daddy?” said my little one. “Because I married your mother, honey, because I married your mother.” I said. Then, with one eyebrow cocked at my daughter I said, “Don’t say F***.”
[:@]

Old 12-20-2005, 04:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Wham!

That really sucks man. How bad is it?

Old 12-20-2005, 04:22 PM
4th Gear

Sorry to laugh but that story was pretty darn funny. oh and sorry about the car.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Yeah... I don't let my wife anywhere near my car. In fact, I'm thinking about getting her one of those ankle bracelet things that will sound an alarm if she gets within 25 feet of it. She called me this morning to tell me that she had knocked the passenger side mirror off of her Durango trying to park it (get this) "next to the cart return at Sam's club".

Old 12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

now your daughter has a choice word! You know they are like Parrots

Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 PM
3rd Gear

That really sucks. I had just bought a brand new Acura TL about 3 years ago. My fiance was driving it and she had to park next to one of those pillars in parking garages. She didn't quite make it and then she was so far into the pillar, she had to scrape the whole side of the car to get it out again! LOL. What is it about them not being able to drive? And their insurance rates are better!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Fortunately it was more of a side swip to the front of the left fender. Could have been a lot worse. I am frankly impressed with the depth of the clear coat and the resilience of the metal. No dents and i was able to buff most of it out with this nifty stuff i purchased at pep boys.

Thank goodness.

I am quite proud of myself for not totally flipping out i must say.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Site Moderator

Damn that sucks.

My roommates GF discovered the keys to the garage and his Z3. He was not very happy when she parked it outside. With the top down. In the rain.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear

that sucks man, i'm sorry. let's see some damage pictures and what we can do to fix them. and also, post a sound/vid clip of your children screaming obscenities together. haha

Old 12-20-2005, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear

Not all women are horrible drivers. Just bc some of you are married/engaged/etc. to women that shouldn't have a drivers license in the first place, does not mean we all are bad. I've never scraped the side of my car off a lamp post, driven over a curb, backed into another car, or so forth........ and I drive much better than most of my male friends.