Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
1st Gear
Default what to buy?

Hey guys.

I've saved up a little money over the last few weeks, and have roughly 1500 or so that i've allocated to the A4.

I would like your guys' opinions on how it should be spent.

Here's my current situation -

Wheels are stock 15", with completely bald all-seasons on.
I live in WNY, and we get a lot of snow in the winter. I have a set of 15" blizzaks (really nice snow tires) I can throw on my current rims in the winter.

1) Should I get new (17"?) rims and tires for the summer, or get some steel 15" rims for the blizzaks and a set of all-season 15" for the summer?

2) I want to lower the car regardless. I love the handling as-is, it puts my family's B5 Passat to shame... but I want it to be lower for looks and for AutoX. Should I blow most of the money on a set of coilovers? A set of shocks and springs? Which brand do you prefer? I was thinking H+R sport springs with Bilstein Sport shocks.

3) Rear sway bar... I love oversteer. Anybody think it's worth the 2 or 3 hundred bucks?

4) I have the GIAC K03 chip in currently, and i have the GIAC K04 chip sitting next to me. Should I go K04?

5) Intercooler? DIY Ebay, or a kit?

6) Any other suggestions? I've already done exhaust and chip as noted.

I did this once before when i had a little money and got some great responses... i also got financial advice which was not required.... so in case i'm going to get the 'penny saved is a penny earned' lecture, i already save outside of this little fund, so don't worry about it.

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Rob

Old 07-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Default RE: what to buy?

well it depends on how pro u wanna go... if u want some serious handling for autoX like u said then go for coil overs, if u want it for an everyday car the h&r would do just fine... it all depends on what u want. if i were you i would go with coil over (since the y fully adjustable) and a rear sway bar (cause i love over steer) but go one at a time. for example if u're doin engine go engine, if u are doing suspension do it all suspension dont waste half the money on ko4 and the other have on a sway bar. just my opinion. i wish i had that cash layin around to devote to my car.... good luck