Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did i do wrong!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
1st Gear
Default what did i do wrong!!

first of all im tired and bummed that i didnt get the sound i wanted out of my FORGE 007. i was so happy recieving my FORGE 007 from ecs tuning yesterday and couldnt wait to install it. So i decided to install it today with a couple of my friends. I followed the DIY on audidiy and jacked up the car and took me about 30 minutes to change it and put everything back on. excited as i was i smashed on my car to see if i hear a sound but of course i expected nothing becuase all i have is a exhuast. so i go back and do the airbox mod because members say the sound comes out after u do it. half an hour later i have ten holes coming out my fender and i couldnt wait to hear the sound. pulled off NOTHING....... so i guess that maybe i put it backwards so i take everything off and put it the other way nothing.... still. so i just gave up and i just want to throw the valve away and get a splitr. spent around two and an half hours under the car in the cold. im very disappointed and i think i wasted my money.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what did i do wrong!!

do you have anything else done to your car?? cuz i have the forge007 with a CAI and its DAMN loud...do you have the right spring in?? the one that came in it should be for stock boost..(i believe it is the green one).. go get a cone filter..bracket to hold it up...and a custom heatshield..and you will be happy with the "noise" if thats what your going for..

Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

or get this if you really want some noise...
http://www.takakaira.com/accessories...ightpager.html[:@]

Old 05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
4th Gear

try do it while building boost in like 3-4 gear, it will be louder

Old 05-16-2007, 10:19 PM

Make sure you have the right spring in, that is very important. Also, you might need a chip to get a sound out of it. Good luck!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

i dont have any sound.... no matter how hard i push it. i put the DV in the stock way and i turned it around just in casei did it wrong. will it make a difference if i put it in backwards? and where can i find a CAI for around 50 maybe a DIY pipe and a K&N filter. can some one lead me in the right way because im really pissed with my results and the air box mod didnt do anything.

i have the stock green spring that i got from ecs already in the DV. i have stock boost so i didnt think i need a different spring. should i switch the spring?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

just get a cone filter, and build a heat sheild

Old 05-16-2007, 10:41 PM

It does make a difference which direction it is in, should be the same as the stock valve. As long as you are using the green spring, it should be audible with the airbox mod. The only thing I can think of is that you are not putting out enough boost. You might be in limp mode (if you have a newer a4), if so, can you check for any codes? Do you have a boost guage? They are very important for diagnosing boost problems. Also, make sure you are checking it at WOT, b/c the turbo doesn't reach full boost until then. The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that an unchipped car doesn't put out enough boost to make a loud sound (wouldn't know, my car was chipped when I bought it).

Old 05-16-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

i have a autometer boost gauge sitting in my trunk for about two weeks no time to install it cause i dont know where to tap the power from. i have a 98 A4. i hear the turbo spool loud as i hit around 6k and when i shift it nothing. i will check again maybe tonight on the direction i put it in becasue i kept switching it around.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

Thats wierd. when i first got my car i had forge 007, and airbox mod i could hear it good. and you say you cant hear it at all, yeah theres something wrong. on my friends audi i just did the airbox mod with his stock dv in and you could hear it good too.

Quick Reply: what did i do wrong!!