Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Happens When...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM
1st Gear
Default What Happens When...

hi, i'm going on goliday soon for 3 weeks and will be leaving my A4 at home, obviously the battery will go flat and i wondered if it would be ok, i heard somewhere this could result in the car loosing all of its setting within the electronics/computers. thanks.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: What Happens When...

there is no body can start your car for 10mins in a week while you are in goliday ?

Old 03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

So wait, will your battery go dead or will your tires go flat? Letting a car set for three weeks will in no way harn a good battery, you'll be fine. If by chance it does go flat all you'll have to do is reset your clock and possibly put in your radio code. There also may be a message on your dash but it can be cleared simply with instructions in your owners manual.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

well i have no idea about cars, it's my first an i'm 19, i thought it would go flat and read somewhere that it would loose info from the computers WITHIN, sorry got no idea what i'm talking about. thanks.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 PM
1st Gear

You'll be fine. As long as your battery isn't giving you any trouble now, it shouldn't be dead when you get back. If you do have trouble when you get back just let us know and we'll tell you how to fix it.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

that's great. thankyou very much! that's the thing, my battery was flat when i got the car as it had stood before i bought it, that was last weekend and i'm not yet insured for it yet, plus i don't have the radio code, thanks. are all audi radios coded? thanks again. Alex.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Well, the battery could be bad. You can go to a local car parts store like Autozone and they will check your battery for free. As far as i know all Audi radios have codes. Typically people found them written down somewhere in ther owner's manual. If you can't find it you can probably call an Audi dealer and they can cross-reference your VIN and find your code. Also, not to sound like a smart *** but your battery goes dead not flat.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

hi, thanks for your reply, i don't have a manual, are you sure an audi dealer would cross reference the vin for me free of charge? just find that hard to beleive as i'm sure you'll understand.. lol but does the battery loosing charge or taking it off reset any settings within the car? thanks again. Alex.