Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what should i go with

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:35 PM
1st Gear
Default what should i go with

its a toss up between getting a giac chip and a k04 orT3/T4 Turbocharger Kit now the cost of the kit is like 500 and the giac chip and k04 is going to cost me aBOUT 1000 and also with the up grade will i need to change any inturnels?? also does the first one look like a knock off the pire is only 300 and the guy says its smaller than the k03

im looking for the most horse i all ready have exhaust diverter vaulve and a k&n o and the spec for the kit are
T3 TURBO INFO AUDI T4OE TURBO

3" INLET DIAMETER

3 V-BAND" OUTLET

WET FLOATING BEARINGS

1/8 NPT OIL INLET

.50 A/R .70 HOT

57 TRIM

SPECS:

STAGE IV WHEEL

Old 09-01-2007, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what should i go with

Well I can tell you from experiance of doing this on high HP Supra's that you always want to go external wastegate, its always the best to control boost tell you make that much HP then you go with 2 wastegates. I also can see that its a Tial so that is the best WG on the market at this time, they just came out with a new 60mm WG, compared to their 44mm. Is that an apexi BOV? That doesnt look to good, if you do get that kit see if you can get it changed for like an HKS or Tial. I can promise you that you will have better luck with that because they wont leak boost when spooling under pressure.

Let me know if there is anything else that you need help with!

Adam~

Old 09-01-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

o

Old 09-04-2007, 02:16 PM
1st Gear

Hey Justin,

Nice talking to you today on the phone, there are a few pieces that you are going to need on the kit that it didnt come with but for the price I still think you came out ahead.

Here is what you are going to need;

Intercooler piping to go from the Compressor side of turbo to IC and the IC to Intake. In between that you are going to need a flange welded on to the IC to bolt on your BOV. You are going to need lines that come off the Wastegate to your BOV and boost controller and a Vacuum source, here is what it will look like on hooking it up.

You're going to need the Oil Feed and Oil Drain lines / Fittings to go from the oil ports on the turbo to the stock location where the stock turbo's oil feed and drain came from. Then you will need an intake pipe / silicone / clamps and a K&N Filter to go on the end of the Turbo. On the Tial Wastegate your going to need a dump tube like I talked to you about, Downpipe, mid pipe, Brackets to mount the FMIC into the car. That is all I can tell for now tell you get it in the car.

For Fuel your going to need a Fuel Pressure Regulator, Injectors and a piggyback or something to control the larger injectors / Tune the car for your boost application. Keep in mind when turning the boost up that you dont want to go over 18psi or you will pre detonate and blow a hole in your piston. Which means you will have to run a higher octane fuel like VP Race Fuel or something like that. Be aware that some fuels are leaded for future reference.

Hope this helps you out!

Adam~

Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
3rd Gear

Sorry but all those Ebay Turbo kits you just posted pics of are absolutly ****. if you going to do this do it proper, and save up a good K04 set-up new will cost you near $2000 with all supporting mods - and a BT kit will be near $4000-5000. If you want to do it then go for it, but don't come back here when you engine has a bunch of little pc. of compressor fins inside of it.