Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong now?? Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
1st Gear
Default What is wrong now?? Please help!!!

Ok this is getting old. I beginning to think that buying an audi was a bad idea. I just got done replacing my turbo after it mysteriously went bad after 49,000 miles What a pain in the ***. But after all the work it seemed like everything was fine......Until the check engine light went on. I went and got it checked at autozone and the code for low boost pressure came up. When I take off you can hear the turbo start to spool but when you get on it alittle it makes a louder whistling noise like when the diverter valve opens up. Does anyone know whether a faulty divereter valve could cause the low boost pressure code? Its the only thing that I can think off since the turbo is brand new and you can hear it spooling. Can anyone help?

Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What is wrong now?? Please help!!!

I dont know..but someone will help you....you should have gone BT, at least k04,instead of replacing it with a stock k03.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I wanted to put something bigger in but im getting ready to get out of the navy so I have been on a tight budget.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
3rd Gear

Did you check for leaks?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

Yep checked for leaks all hose clamps are tight. And the bolts for the manifold and cat are tight so it isnt an exhaust leak causing the low boost pressure. The computer would have noticed an exhaust leak. Thanks for the recommendation though. All input helps.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Ive decided to just take it to the dealership.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

i dont know what to tell you man...good luck though

Old 10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

Update.....
I took the car to the dealership not so good news. My turbo is not making any boost!! They gave 3 reasons for the problem. The intake hose might have a leak which is causingthewastegate toopen up. The wastegate might be stuck. Or the diaphragm that acutates the wastegate might be bad...Imgoing totake the intake hose off and look for leaks and put a vacuumpump on the actuater for the wastegate to see if it operates....Crossing my fingers hoping the turbo isntbad!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Site Moderator

I sure hoped you check the oil feel line to the turbo and checked the intake lines before installing the turbo.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

I put a new oil feed line in when i changed the turbo. The intake hose looked fine but I didnt take it all the way out since it hadso much connected to it and audi seemed to like using those stupid one time crimp hose clamps.

Quick Reply: What is wrong now?? Please help!!!