Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your opinion on the neuspeed pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default What's your opinion on the neuspeed pulley?

I just ordered a neuspeed power pulley and I was wondering those of you who have installed it, what your opinions were of this item. Mine should be here by the end of the week. Was there any significant changes you noticed after installing? Do you like or dislike this mod in general? In addition to this I am also installing a neuspeed exhaust, H+R front and rear sway bars, brembo cross drilled rotors, bailey DV, EVO CAI, and upgraded grounding wires. Next month is a GIAC ECU upgrade as well as an EVO FMIC. By the end of summer I hope to have the PES T-28 upgraded turbo kit added as well. Anyhow, just thought I'd ask on the power pulley issue for those who have already installed and what you thought of it. Thanks!

John

Old 03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned
Default RE: What's your opinion on the neuspeed pulley?

you got a link to this?

Old 03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

Sure,
One of the companies offering this with description is: www.greedspeed.com

or here is a direct link to the product: http://www.greedspeed.com/products/p...%201.8t&cat=11

I actually ordered mine from MGM autohaus as they are excellent to deal with and very helpful.

John

Old 03-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Banned

well what ive read is that the german engineers have designed our engines in that they balanced our engines with the stock weight pullies so if you reduce the weight of them in time you will destroy your internals so is it really worth 5-7 hp?

but hey they sure have a hell of a deal on their samco intake hose and snub mounts

Old 03-03-2005, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

What if the engine was tuned at the time the pulley was installed? Is there no way to correct if this pulley is put on? I had heard the same thing, but why would neuspeed build a product that would hurt an engine... eventually people would figure it out and they wouldn't sell product. It seems as thou neuspeed does their homework on building auto parts and I just can't see them making a product that, if installed, would eventually hurt their reputation in the industry. Just my .02, anyone else have any thoughts on this or anyone out their actually installed this pulley and what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

John

Old 03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Banned

well their chips arent the best either for how long theyve been out. id really only say their suspension is good. i mean why would you want to rebalance your engine for 5-7 more hp. do you know how much cash that is? if you want to save weight and inertia get a lightened flywheel.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Audihere,
I agree with you, but I think you mean Neuspeed's products are not as "aggresive" as some of the other names out there. I still think they make a pretty well made product overall thou. I was under the impression that the Neuspeed chip was milder by design for those that wanted just a mild increase in power and didn't want to go with GIAC, Revo or one of the more aggresive names. Again, why would someone want that, I don't know, but I'm guessing there's a market for it somewhere. Just my .02

Has anyone actually installed this pulley on their car??? If so, what do you think about it??? Thanks in advance...

John

Old 03-03-2005, 06:47 PM

I don't think anyone has used this pulley here like audihere said its not really wirth it for what it may cause

Old 03-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Banned

well if you are seriously wanting it what i have heard is that you will get a better throttle response which is how you will be gaing your power now like i suggested go with a lightened flywheel its safer and will give you the safe effect

Old 03-04-2005, 12:24 AM
4th Gear

Lightweights pullys will help alot, It will add different hp for each setup. ex... the more hp you have, the more the lightweight will free up.So everytime you bolt on a majoy part you will see gains from the part AND from the lightweight pully.

Quick Reply: What's your opinion on the neuspeed pulley?