Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels...I'm still lost

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Wheels...I'm still lost

So I have a 2003 A4 1.8Tquattro TIP I dont think i have the stock sports suspension due to a gap in the wheel well being about 2" or three fingers tall!! What i want to do is get rims and lower it...right now for a quick fix due to money, and just getting married. I want to get the rims and some springs...then later down the line get coilovers.

EDIT -

This is what i am looking at right now---

my question is, what drop should i get?? Tien makes two springs....the H tech, and the S tech....

H Tech - Front - 1.7"
Rear - 1.8"

S Tech - Front - 2.2"
Rear - 2.4"

which srpings should i get?? and the greatest question is.... i know when you install a spring, within a couple days, it starts to settle more?? Are the above measurements a before or after settling measurement?? any one that can help me, I will thank you for ever!!!

and also dont know if i should go with 18" or 19" rims?? i know i just opened a new can of worms with that question....

thanks in advance!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/33514/E7DC67BAB5B14416871A824FC115BA44.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33514/BC7D250B9F3D49AF85FE281BFF3CB051.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Wheels...I'm still lost

well, you should be alright with either set, but i would go 18 unless you are making a show car, and if you are getting married trust me(been married for 10 yrs) it probably won't happen, so i would do it for better handeling.... you are taking into account that you are going to have to change shocks, the is another 500 or so.......... rs4 reps maybe or s4 18inch reps

and they are wheels not rims, read imolia s4's rant on them
ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

here is one time:
ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

Just to clarify...
You have two (2) wheels for sale at the above price, right?
here is 2:
ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

ORIGINAL: rs

whats the specs on ur rims?
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghh!
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

[&:]
and here it is:
quote:

Stop calling them rims!!

They're wheels.

To repeat from yesterday...
quote:

Rims is a vernacular term now used by the ricers, low riders and the show truck crowd. It is a term that grew from the time when steel wheels had snap-on rims that would cover the steel and dress up the wheel. (There are some of these steel wheels around to this day.) I'm not talking about hubcaps either. Hubcaps cover the hubs. Rims snapped onto the edge. They were a great accessory because curb rash could be economically resolved by replacing the rim rather than the entire wheel. The natural evolution has left us with three-piece wheels; those that allow for a "rim" to be replaced should they become damaged. Since the majority of wheels of discussion are one-piece, those wheels don't have the "accessories" of the early steel wheels nor the "rim" of a three-piece wheel. In fact, the edge of the wheel is still technically referred to as the rim of the wheel. Thus, it's a grammatical mistake to call wheels by a part of the wheel. They're just wheels.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
3rd Gear

19's.

S-tech.

you have a tip, lol, at least make it look nice.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
4th Gear

i dont know how many times this has to be said.... it is not the diameter that dictates of a wheel will fit
it is the offset/width/tire size

Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

i know the wheel will fit and i know about the offset...i was more worried about how low it would actually bring the car down?? and if anyone else is that low, or more or less has the same product with pics so i know what im getting into...also...i have already gotten married, and money is tight, just like every start of a marriage unless you are handed everything....also living in FL and the bussiness world sucks right now....so atleast some how i am still able to mod....slowly, but damn it i'm doing it....

and yes i already have a rim selected...just wanted opinions of the drop situation for right now...thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 AM

look at the difference in price in tires for 19' vs 18'. think to you want to always worry about bending you wheels every time you hit a bump. how important is your ride quality. my 2 cents. 19"=worthless

Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: QuickQuattro

i know the wheel will fit and i know about the offset...i was more worried about how low it would actually bring the car down?? and if anyone else is that low, or more or less has the same product with pics so i know what im getting into...also...i have already gotten married, and money is tight, just like every start of a marriage unless you are handed everything....also living in FL and the bussiness world sucks right now....so atleast some how i am still able to mod....slowly, but damn it i'm doing it....

and yes i already have a rim selected...just wanted opinions of the drop situation for right now...thanks

i'm not sure what exactly he is but lazer is running at least a 17 probably a 18 and slammed, everything fits

you will always be able to roll fenders.......... and quit calling them rims........ they are wheels