Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do these go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Default Where do these go?

ok so this past year i bought these hoses at waterfest and i need to know eactly where they go. If any one could tell me or show me here is a picture of the hoses and thier numbers. if someone could show me where they go on a diagram of the engin that would be great, thanks for the help.

here is a picutre of the engine bay

Old 02-02-2008, 10:43 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Where do these go?

Honestly I would take those turbo inlet hoses to a shop that specializes in audis and have them installed. If you dont know where they go, its probably not the best idea to be installing them youself. Not trying to be a dick or anything but thats what I would do If I were you.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:12 AM

ya, im not going to pay a shop the 4+ hours they quoted (thats $280+, it cost me 200 for the hoses and TIP) me jsut to install the hoses when i can do it myself for free as i do my timming belt and other maintance that i already have planned. Its not that hard they are just replacemtns of the stock hoses. Well after looking at the picutre i ahve al;ready found out where two go. anyone correct me if im wrong.

is 2 and 3 correct in these pictures?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

number one is on the borrom of the SMIC.if you take your skid plat off and look at the drivers side you will see it. that hose looks like it may need some trimming though.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
5th Gear

1- connects the bottom of the smic to the intercooler piping

2- connects to the throttle body and smic

3- turbo outlet hose, it's between the turbo and the intercooler piping.

edit- uploaded a pic. that picture isn't entirely accurate for all 1.8T's. number 1 connects the bottom of the smic to the intercooler piping, you'll see it when you get under there. its very easy to swap these hoses and shouldn't take more than an hour.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

Number 1 goes right were the red arrow is pointing.

Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 PM

alright thanks a lot for the help guys. and thanks chaos92287, and generik777 for showing it to me in the diagram. Do these hoses actually do anything or are they just longer lasting then the stock hoses?

Thanks again,

Anthony

Old 02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: m5racer
Do these hoses actually do anything or are they just longer lasting then the stock hoses?
no they wont do anything on your car really, they are designed to keep their shape under high boosting applications.