Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whew - dodged another one...

Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Whew - dodged another one...

you can flame all over me for this, but to anyone who's considering an Audi - think used and Audi certified. I'm at 53K - just off warranty and in the past two weeks my fuel sensors went...then a few days later the fuel pump went - leaving me stranded a mile from the dealer. Total cost (from the stealer) to fix - approx 2000$ - MY cost = 100$ (2 deductibles) + the towing was free. This leaves me alot more free cash (uh, well credit actually...) to upgrade.

Now instead of beamoaning the money I could have wasted I can look forward to my APR 1+ upgrade on Monday!

ps - thanks to all who recommended (directly and in the 'Search') used TT225 fuel injectors - picked up a pair for 200$ + free software (although their gonna hit me for 50$ to flash the ECU) = savings... ...for more future upgrades.

Now a question - I'm riding (non-sport) shocks on my Eibach pro-kit springs, although I wish and know (now) that I should have done both at the same time I'm planning on upgrading the shocks. The consensus seems to be Konis or B'steins as a good combo. However, how long can I get away on the OEM shocks and any thoughts of preference for the upgrade? And are new shocks gonna lower the car any more...?

thanks

Old 07-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Whew - dodged another one...

Shocks have nothing to do with the ride height. You should be able to get a few months out of the shocks. I have Bilsteins.