Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WILL THIS WORK? BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: WILL THIS WORK? BT

wow, I actually havnt found the Giac kit yet. Is it around the same price as the neuspeed or garrett k04 kits? I suppose i havent descided on an overall price paid or care too much about that, but as far as turbo-manifold-fuel-ecu, basically everything but exhaust and suspension-Id Ideally spend 1500-up to 2000. I wanted 12s to try and keep up with my roomates cars for a little, but even those would walk me with a 12sec car. So, I want the best bang for my buck, but I would ideally like a used kit/set-up to save a little doe and put towards some springs and rims. Any help is appreciated. Also the reason I was looking at the turbo on ebay is because I wanted to do part by part to save money and spend my money as I can instead of throwing it all in at once and then something happen where im in a bind or something.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Site Moderator

For 12's it's going to be a lot more than $2k. Our cars are pretty heavy and it takes some grunt to get it going. You'll also need a clutch to handle the power.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:24 AM
4th Gear

yea..factor in about a grand for clutch soon after...300 is maxing out the factory clutch...and there is nothing wrong with buying piece by piece, but ebay isnt the best place to do that... and i think k04's are still backordered if im not mistaken

Old 11-26-2006, 06:23 PM

This turbo is the stock turbo off of an sr20det the s15. Its from a 99-01 nissian silvia. Its specifications match thaT of a garret t28 so it shoukd fit

Old 11-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Site Moderator

It will not bolt on. It has an incorrect turbine inlet and outlet.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Administrator

u need a custom made manifold for that one
the ones ATP sells the GTRS is modifide to fit on our stock manifolds thats why its so popular

Old 11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
4th Gear

Lol,

You want 12's your gonna have to put up some jack. You will probably be looking at close to 4-5k with everything.

turbo (not k04, but bigger)
new clutch
fmic
software/tuning
manifold
test pipe
injectors
intake
exhaust
FPR

Good luck trying to do a bt on a tight budget, maybe you should have chose a different car if you want to run 12's.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:37 PM
1st Gear

I wanted 12s but i see its not in my budget. I said 2000 for the turbo/fuel i needed. Everyone here is stating 4-5grand but your talking with exhaust/fmic,all that. Ebay is the only place ive been looking for a turbo from because I cant find a used,cheaper one anywhere but there. I have sources for everything else but the turbo itself. any idea where the best place to get this k04 is? as for the BOV, I know no one else likes them here, but im putting one on my car. Just routing the air back in. And if I buy a GIAC program for my ecu, do I have to redo everything with the new turbo set-up. I assume I do but if i can i'd want to do that soon.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
4th Gear

Why dont you just chip it and call it a day?

Are you chipped yet?

The chip willcost you about 600, you'll need a chip and DV. With this, your car will gain close to 50chp.

It will feel like a whole new car.

Then save up your money, and do the BT thing right, when you are ready.

I know this doesn't specifically answer your question, but since it sounds like you are on a budget, I would do chip,dv, exhaust, and drop in intake, and you should have quite a significant gain for about $1300. (includes cat-back exhaust).

Old 11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
3rd Gear

t3t4 turbo $665.
manifold for $395

@ atp

get your program from upsolute. then fuel kit there is already $2000

spend little more for wasegate, piping and some other extra stuff. get 3" test pipe for better breathing for a while. and run it low boost till you get the rest.

Quick Reply: WILL THIS WORK? BT