Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you put these spark plugs on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Default Would you put these spark plugs on?

These are suppose to be the best spark plugs you can buy and am thinking about ordering a set for the A4 there 25$ a piece, what do you guys think?

http://www.pulstarplug.com/index.html

Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Would you put these spark plugs on?

get NGK

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
3rd Gear

If Itell you there are guys running 400hp in their A4s without those expensive plugs, would you still think they were needed?
It's just one more thing to go wrong eventually...

Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Pulse plugs incorporate a pulse circuit, which stores incoming electrical energy from the ignition system and releases the stored energy in a powerful pulse of power. Instead of 50 watts of peak power typical of all spark plugs, pulse plugs deliver up to 1 million watts of peak power. So where does the pulse plug get its incredible power? When the ignition signal is sent to a traditional spark plug, it begins to ionize the spark gap. This means that the voltage builds in the gap until a spark can be formed. During this ionization phase, which lasts about 5 millionths of a second, the incoming voltage (which has nowhere to go) heats up ignition components including the spark plug. This is wasted energy. When the ignition voltage overcomes the resistance in the spark gap, the spark is created with an initial discharge of approximately 50 watts. Once created, the spark resides between the electrodes at very low power for over a period of 30 millionths of a second.

What is different about a pulse plug is that instead of heating ignition parts during the ionization phase, this energy is stored in the integral circuit inside the pulse plug. When the ignition power overcomes the resistance in the spark gap, the pulse circuit discharges all of its accumulated power - 1 million watts - in 2 billionths of a second! A simple way to think about pulse plugs is that they are similar to a camera flash, whereas spark plugs are more like a flashlight. A camera flash is exponentially brighter than a flashlight even though they both may use the same battery.

Tests at an independent laboratory demonstrate how Pulstarâ„¢ pulse plugs burn fuel more efficiently than spark plugs. In this high-speed video (shot at 68,000 frames per second), you can actually see the ignition plume of Pulstarâ„¢ growing at more than twice the speed of the spark plug. Pulstarâ„¢ generates a much larger spark than spark plugs, which reduces overall burn time and burns the fuel more completely. Once created, the spark dissipates over a period of 30 millionths of a second. With increased cylinder pressure, the pistons are pushed down with more force, which, in turn, generates more torque in the crankshaft, more liveliness to the throttle and more power to the wheels. Of course, if you don't use this torque to go faster, the engine does its work with less effort resulting in better fuel economy.

Another way that Pulstarâ„¢ improves efficiency is by reducing cycle-to-cycle variation. Cycle-to-cycle variation occurs in every engine to some degree and is caused by the dynamics of combustion, load, fuel quality, mixture of air to fuel and many other combustion variables. These variables can cause the spark plug to generate a weak spark and in the worst case, a misfire. This variability in ignition timing robs all spark ignited, internal combustion engines of up to 10% of their efficiency.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear

i would if my car ran better and really received better fuel economy

Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

Do you work for that company or something? I checked the site you posted, so I read about them quick, no need to copy and paste from their site. Just get NGK plugs, they work great with the Hitachi ingintion system.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Hell no I dont work for them im a college student

Old 11-28-2007, 08:45 PM
3rd Gear

I use NGK, they're like less than $2 each. I change it evertime I do my oil. Can't beat it.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
3rd Gear

Arif, you go through plugs every 3-5k miles?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:54 PM
3rd Gear

Yes, not because of they're retarded or something, just do it. I change my oil & plugsevery 3k. Keep it healthy

Quick Reply: Would you put these spark plugs on?