Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:48 PM
1st Gear
Default WTF?!?!?!?!

OK this is wierd as hell. I noticed my rear passenger fog light wasnt working, so i took out the bulb holder and noticed that there were only 3 bulbs in the holder/plate, 1 for stop/parking, 1 for reverse and 1 for turn, the top one is for the rear fog. So i took the other side out to see what bulb it took and it said ge 1057. I took the bulb from the other side and put it in the passenger side and when i tried to put it into the actual taillight assembly, it wouldnt fit, the hole where the bulb was supposed to go had not been cut out all the way so i had to remove the whole taillight assembly and cut a bigger hole for the bulb to fit in. Really wierd, i figure the taillight was replaced at one time or somthing.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Administrator
Default RE: WTF?!?!?!?!

you only have one rear fog light
this so to people wont misstake your rear fogs like as brake lights

Old 12-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

Haha I thought I had a rear fog light burned out too. I never knew that there was only one until now. That seems weird though, it sure would look better with 2, or maybe im not understanding you panda....? Is there supposed to be one or two rear fog lights?

Old 12-06-2005, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

hey panda

for the rear fog, the fog lights have to be on in the front

now i don't have my front fogs yet, and when i try to turn on the rear fogs
the rear fog light doens't turn on, is that on the same circuit?
so i have to have my front fogs up and running in order to use the rear?
both of the arrows light up on the center console so that's my question
is it on the same circuit?

Old 12-06-2005, 01:40 AM
3rd Gear

you only have one rear fog, so if u turn it on, it is not mistaken for brake lights (eventhough it still does get that reaction from people tailing u [8D]). Idk if they are on the same circuit or whatever but if u press the left one that just turns on the actual fogs, the right one turns them on along with the single red fog light in the back.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 AM
2nd Gear

Who has the signature about the 200 page book that comes with the car that explains what things are and why?

And now that you know look around, Mercedes, Volvo, BMW all of them just one bulb on the driver's side and if you leave it on at night when there is no fog on any car, it is really really really really annoying, so do not pull in front of me and try to maintain that position with your rear fog on or I will high beam you.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

my friends r like you brakes r out i say no your jus an idiot they don't get the joke but anyone no what the rear fog is for in germany ?

Old 12-06-2005, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

i thought the same thing with that one fog light in the rear.. i was like wtf when i took out the other side and was like how did they forget to cut a hole for this bulb and not put one in.. so i did it myself.. i feel retarted.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: ExpLlclT

my friends r like you brakes r out i say no your jus an idiot they don't get the joke but anyone no what the rear fog is for in germany ?
What do u want from me I suck at typing

Edit:
We only have one rear fog light
They do this because they do want people to mistaken your rear fog lights as braking lights

Old 12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: lilbrownindian

i thought the same thing with that one fog light in the rear.. i was like wtf when i took out the other side and was like how did they forget to cut a hole for this bulb and not put one in.. so i did it myself.. i feel retarted.
i did this as a mod. it comes in handy to "brake check" some one