Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zeitronix Wideband

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Zeitronix Wideband

Hey guys-

So I have the giac normal k04 file now, and I'm slowly working towards the pc-16 file (because I can't afford a BT quite yet). I have a bosch 5bar FPR right now, which is what is required by my chip's file. I bought an 034 motorsports adjustable fpr and fuel pressure gauge from thepaintballguy today. I know the PC-16 file requires 310cc's at roughly 3bar... but I'm a little worried about adjusting it myself.

I'm also an engineer, and enjoy the technical aspects of this stuff, so I'd like to get some sort of a/f ratio monitor, that way I could adjust the fuel pressure to the optimal level, and if i ever need to change it (if say, i got a water/meth kit or something, or changed the setup) I could do a few logs, and maximize the a/f ratio again.

I did some searching, and it seems like nobody likes the narrowband (stock 02 sensor) a/f ratio gauges since they're apparently jumpy and innaccurate. My question is, does anybody have experience with a wideband data logger? I looked at the Zeitronix one, it looks pretty nice...

And a bigger question, should I even worry about it? Is it worth the 275? Should I just throw the afpr at 3bar like i'm supposed to and hope it'll be fine? Should I worry about an egt gauge as well?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself... but if I go BT in the future, i suppose it'd be an investment (since i'll need it anyway, im guessing).

Thoughts? am i overthinking this? thanks

Old 10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Default RE: Zeitronix Wideband

well you really don't want a narrow band if you want to monitor and tune. they only show you a selection of the A/F scale and don't give you accurate readings. A wideband would be good but if your software is set up for 3bar, just set it to 3 bar and dont worry bout it. as for big turbo, if you go custom tune you can adjust it then as part of your tunning.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Zombie Defense Force

zietronix is great. i have it in my evo. i have egt, afr, boost, lambda. you can log in real time onto a laptop and it can help you greatly with tuning. i couldnt tune my car with out it

Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys.

So i shouldnt be worried, and just set it to 3 psi with the 310 cc injectors? Is it worth it to get something like the zeitronix setup at this point?

Old 10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm make believe

you really should keep the setup you have. your not going to be happy with the minor gains you would see by swapping chips with a tiny turbo. With a ko3/4 you make far more power with timing than you do with boost. Plus you get much more timing above 5k and it will keep it so you dont fall flat on your face when the psi start to drop.

So by running the turbo at 18-20psi and increase the timing a 2 or 3 degrees you would have a much better result than trying to keep timing the same and increasing the boost to 22, 24, or 26psi. For the money spent on injectors, fuel pressure stuff and possibly on a chip, you could get w/m and then a apexi super itc timing controller (that is if you can still find one)

Old 10-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i want to see someone run meth on a ko3/4

Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm make believe

jeff, do you know any other timing controllers? If you cant use lemmi with a DBC car, its not going to be worth it if you cant advance timing, that is unless you get a 100octane file and run that with 93 + w/m

Old 10-08-2007, 05:08 PM

msd ignition is tunable, i belive you can do variable ignition timing with it to

Old 10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Zombie Defense Force

that apexi one you said earlier and i think greddy might have one. im looking to see if they do now

Old 10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm make believe

cool, B5'ers need something otherwisea 100octane program is the only thing that makes it worthwhile to have.

Quick Reply: Zeitronix Wideband