AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A5 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a5-68/)
-   -   2011 Audi A5 Stasis Package (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a5-68/2011-audi-a5-stasis-package-170370/)

techorize 09-15-2011 05:00 PM

2011 A5 - ECU upgrade + exhaust

I got both ECU upgrade and exhaust through Stasis in Bellevue, WA a few months ago; there is a significant difference in boost as others have described!

Since I got both together, I don't have a comparison from ECU-only vs. ECU+exhaust, but the sound is much more acceptable now.

I can post some audio later if others are interested.

My problem now is that my A5 is back at the dealer due to oil consumption problems.

I asked Stasis about it and they say the 2.0L T engine, particularly FSI model is notorious for buring through oil, sometimes as much as 1qt per month on the STOCK model! Yesterday the dealer replaced an oil seal and separator to try to address it. Not sure if others are experiencing this, I'm at 12k miles.

There are two phases to the oil consumption test; the first is a calibration, then they have you drive 650-1k miles, then phase 2 (mine had the changes noted above), and I'm in the process of driving another 650-1k miles before they do another evaluation to see if their fixes worked. I'll follow-up after the third visit in the next couple weeks.

dhhaudi 09-16-2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by techorize (Post 1334567)
I got both ECU upgrade and exhaust through Stasis in Bellevue, WA a few months ago; there is a significant difference in boost as others have described!

Since I got both together, I don't have a comparison from ECU-only vs. ECU+exhaust, but the sound is much more acceptable now.

I can post some audio later if others are interested.

My problem now is that my A5 is back at the dealer due to oil consumption problems.

I asked Stasis about it and they say the 2.0L T engine, particularly FSI model is notorious for buring through oil, sometimes as much as 1qt per month on the STOCK model! Yesterday the dealer replaced an oil seal and separator to try to address it. Not sure if others are experiencing this, I'm at 12k miles.

I would love to hear some audio! Please also keep us up to date on the oil consumption issue.

ssv22 09-16-2011 01:36 PM

it would be great if you upload a youtube video for the audio part! also, do you think the car accelerates significantly quicker as compared to the stock settings? btw, do you have a manual or auto tranny?
i am hoping to go for a dual exhaust setting soon on my 2.0T manual.

Ay5 09-16-2011 07:38 PM

I had a lot of work done at JBS in chesterfield and can thoroughly recommend them for a "proper" remap - Had my leon up to stage 2 there with thousands spend and would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Speak to Seb and mention the name "Mr Meats" and he may even do you a discount!

Cheers

Jon

techorize 09-20-2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by ssv22 (Post 1334734)
it would be great if you upload a youtube video for the audio part! also, do you think the car accelerates significantly quicker as compared to the stock settings? btw, do you have a manual or auto tranny?
i am hoping to go for a dual exhaust setting soon on my 2.0T manual.

Audio: A5_STaSIS.AVI - YouTube

Auto (8-speed) -- yes, it is significantly quicker to 60-80-100 :) I spent about $3k for the upgrades together, but I drive over 100 miles a day on single lane roads so the added boost for passing has been great.

ssv22 09-22-2011 02:01 PM

sounds great!! there is a 'deep' feel to it! great job :) thanks for uploading the video

techorize 11-10-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by techorize (Post 1334567)

There are two phases to the oil consumption test; the first is a calibration, then they have you drive 650-1k miles, then phase 2 (mine had the changes noted above), and I'm in the process of driving another 650-1k miles before they do another evaluation to see if their fixes worked. I'll follow-up after the third visit in the next couple weeks.

FYI, looks like the fixes did the trick; no more oil lights and I'm over 16k miles. now.

williamturner 11-14-2011 07:07 AM

re:

Audi A5 PhotoAudi A5
(Launching Soon)
cc, Manual, Petrol, 7.3 - 11.2 kmpl
Rs. 39,00,000*

The stunning interior of Audi A5 includes steering wheel (paddle shift for automatic models), Black headlining, Matt brushed aluminium inlays ,Perforated leather gear knob and S line embossed Sports seats in Milano leather. This simply assures to take you on a luxurious trip and make you feel the airline comfort.

The compact executive luxury from the German automobile manufacturer is in existence since 2007 which is a symbol of Audi turning back to the mid-size coupe market. The last Coupe model from the company based on Audi 80 got a full stop back in 1996 and after that a convertible variant B6 or B7 appeared but not a coupe. Finally after all those halts and pauses, Audi decided to spin off a cabriolet and new coupe under the nameplate of Audi A5 and 2007 marked the great entry of this luxurious luxo barge. The platform decided for all exclusive Audi A5 was MLP (Modular Longitudinal Platform) which was further plans to carried up in Audi A6 and Audi A8. The platform was designed to bless the models with more even weight distribution in between front and rear wheels, and ultimately come out of the traditional overhung engine placed above the front axle.

Adi A5 is the third coupe in the portfolio and has implemented many design factors of Nuvolari quattro concept. The debut model of A5 appeared with a 3.2-litre FSI V6 engine churning out a peak power of 265 PS. And after all that spectacular configurations and commendable recognition world wide, it is coming to Indian roads to give the users a feel of luxury with style.

The car like Audi A6 would any day take peoples heart when it will come to comfort and supreme nclass. The compact luxury will be available in Indian Auto Market soon and people are extremely excited to welcome the trademark of saloons. The innovative concept of Audi A5 has been awarded with many recognitions world wide and the major reason was its spectacular airline seats which will keep the occupant sticked to it.

Audi A5 Cabriolet
The cabriolet is the Audi A5 specimen with optional head-level heating for when its cold and heat-resistant upholstery for when its hot.
Audi A5 Sportback
Tthis is the sport version of Audi A5 and still you can call it a coupe with 4 doors.
Audi A5 Coupe
The coupe version of Audi A5 is designed with typical two doors and the automatic hood makes it look simply outstanding.

ankitaawasthi 01-04-2012 11:23 PM

Audi A5 Specification:
Audi A5 has a city average of 11.2 (km/liter) and on highways of 13 (km/liter) and fuel tank has capacity of 85 (liter). The car has an overall mileage of 10.6.

The Ex-Showroom price of Audi A5 is Rs. 38,00,000 - Rs. 39,00,000 and A5 is available in 9 namely Monsoon Gray Metallic,Teak Brown Metallic,Moonlight Blue Metallic,Glacier White Metallic,Ibis White,Ice Silver Metallic,Brilliant Red,Phantom Black Pearl,Brilliant Black.

Audi A5 has Petrol engine with 4 Cylinders that can produce a maximum Torque of 330 Nm @ 3250 rpm (Nm@rpm) and Maximum Power of 265 Bhp @ 6500 rpm (PS@rpm). The car has Audi A5 that has a Manual Transmission Type with 6 Manual gears. It has a Front Suspension made of Independent suspension with gas-filled McPherson strut & anti-roll bar and a Semi independent torsion beam with gas filled shock absorbers Rear Suspension with Shock Absorbers. Audi A5 has EPS Steering.

The Audi A5 has a front Ventilated discs brake and Drums brakes in rear. The top Speed of Audi A5 is around 255Km/Hour with a seating capacity of 4 persons and it has 4 Doors.

Mgodwin 01-08-2012 12:33 PM

Considering this upgrade in the Spring...will post my observations...