Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

A5 Aftermarket Styling Guide

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Default A5 Aftermarket Styling Guide

Hey Audi Forums,

I figured there may be a few owners who are interested in customizing their A5. The A5 has been out for some time and there are a ton of aftermarket parts for the car. I've put together a few tips of what to look for when modifying your vehicle.

1) Wheels - The A5 is a very sporty and nimble car. A lightweight performance wheel is a good upgrade to consider. The most popular diameters for the A5 are 18", 19", and 20". I would recommend Forgestar and BBS as two reputable brands. They both offer lightweight flow form wheels which are affordable and stylish. If you are really looking to go all out on your wheels, then I would suggest a forged wheel. BBS also offers forged wheels, as does iForged, Forgestar's parent company.

2) Brakes - You like driving fast right? Well, you are going to need help stopping the A5 with all that power. The Brembo GT brake system comes with huge 15" discs and 6-piston calipers for the front. You will be more than satisfied with the results of this system and immediately notice increased stopping power and decreased stopping length.

3) Suspension - There are a few options for lowering the A5. Lowering springs are the most common method of lowering. H&R Sport Springs are a safe bet and lower the A5 subtly enough to notice. KW offers fully adjustable coilovers which allow you to control the ride height depending on your driving needs.

4) Performance - A good way to get performance out of the vehicle is the exhaust system. Meisterschaft offers exhaust systems for the A5 which come in two different levels; Touring and Racing. Touring is slightly louder than the factory system. The Racing system is very loud and gives slightly more gains than the Touring system.

5) Styling - The A5 is already a good looking vehicle. However, there are accessories that will set you apart from the next car. I would recommend looking at a front air dam and trunk spoiler. These two add-ons are simple and sporty. Of course, there is also the option of a full body kit. Prior Design has a wide body kit that looks awesome and gives the A5 a bold presence.

6) Carbon Fiber - Carbon fiber can be added to almost any part of the A5. We can overlay parts in 100% genuine carbon fiber fabric. This is a good option for interior trim pieces, and can also be done on exterior trim pieces or even the hood. This is done by hand in California.

There is a lot we did not cover, however hopefully this guide is comprehensive enough to give you some ideas of how to restyle/beautify your A5.