Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

Cinnamon Brown "Leather" vs. "Milano leather"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Cinnamon Brown "Leather" vs. "Milano leather"

I'm looking to get an A5 convertible with cinnamon brown interior (arum beige exterior).

The thing is, there are very few to be seen in the dealerships, and it's hard to get an impression on the Web of the colors.

I did see one car with the Milano leather finish, and I think I remember it looked good. But looking at what pictures I can see on the Web, I'm getting the impression the cinnamon can look somewhat orange, even pumpkin colored! I think I like the darker colors I've seen.

So my question: Is this so? Does the color depend on the specific leather you get???
Which do you like?

Old 10-23-2010, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by uscourt3000
I'm looking to get an A5 convertible with cinnamon brown interior (arum beige exterior).

The thing is, there are very few to be seen in the dealerships, and it's hard to get an impression on the Web of the colors.

I did see one car with the Milano leather finish, and I think I remember it looked good. But looking at what pictures I can see on the Web, I'm getting the impression the cinnamon can look somewhat orange, even pumpkin colored! I think I like the darker colors I've seen.

So my question: Is this so? Does the color depend on the specific leather you get???
Which do you like?
go to audi usa and configure it will tell you what leather you can get by which exterior color you pick.....

Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NorthD
go to audi usa and configure it will tell you what leather you can get by which exterior color you pick.....
I think you're right. Either there, or maybe it was elsewhere, I found that if you unselect the Milano leather (extra $$$), it flips back to a black interior.

Great... so I gotta pay extra for the Milano leather... but it still looks orangish on some web sites. I wish the dealership were closer, I'd go over there again.

I just get the impression it's a bit like a pumpkin color sometimes... any opinions, anyone?

How do you feel about the Cinnamon Brown... any regrets, anyone? Hate it, love it? It's different, at least.

Thanks!

Last edited by uscourt3000; 10-23-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Cinnamon Leather/ Milano/ Sport Seats???

There's more to this issue than I thought. First of all, a comment here from a dealer who really doesn't care for the Cinnamon with an Arum Beige exterior. I quote (without permission):

"When you get Cinnamon you get a black carpet/dash. So you've got the brown roof (right choice!), the Arum paint (looks great with the brown roof!), the Cinnamon leather (which would look great, but...), then all this black carpet and plastic right in the middle of it. The black highlights draw your eyes away from the rest of it and the color scheme just doesn't flow. When your top is down you'd have all earth tones, and then this giant black deck hiding your roof."

Fine. But I kind of like these colors, the overall look is different.

Now, I understand already that in order to get the Cinnamon Brown, you must pay the extra for the Milano leather. But look at the "Prestige" option for the A5... this option demands the Sport Seats, and specifies the non-Milano leather. Duh! It must be a misprint, and maybe what they mean is that the Prestige version already includes the cost of the Milano leather.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by uscourt3000
I think you're right. Either there, or maybe it was elsewhere, I found that if you unselect the Milano leather (extra $$$), it flips back to a black interior.

Great... so I gotta pay extra for the Milano leather... but it still looks orangish on some web sites. I wish the dealership were closer, I'd go over there again.

I just get the impression it's a bit like a pumpkin color sometimes... any opinions, anyone?

How do you feel about the Cinnamon Brown... any regrets, anyone? Hate it, love it? It's different, at least.

Thanks!
Hah! I finally figured out why some photos show that "pumpkin" color... it's not cinnamon brown at all! It's "tuscan brown", on the S5 model. Okay, now I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with the cinnamon brown color (with the dark wood inlay). You're going to keep the car quite a while, right? And it's a lot of money. So you want to be entirely happy with your color selections.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM
1st Gear

the with the dark wood inlay should be in gloss as well sets it off just a bit more in a great way.......