Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st time Audi owner..Need Key help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 PM
1st Gear
Default 1st time Audi owner..Need Key help

Hi,

First time Audi owner. I've had Bimmers, lots of Benzes, 1 Lexus and just dumped my new 2006 Range Rover Supercharged for the A6. The Rover was a Nightmare. I have a question about the Advanced Key...I hope someone can help!

When I stop the car, I put it in Park (P), set the Parking brake and then I hit the Engine Stop button. When I open the door, I get a message that says something like: "Shift car in P, or it can roll. Doors will not lock unless car is in P". There is also a loud buzz warning, that goes along with the message that is shown on the square info display between the speedo and tach. Am I doing something wrong? The dealer wants me to drop it off, but I've only had the car 1 day...and don't want to do that. I cannot lock the car, because it thinks it is not in Park.

Anyway, it's a great car, and I am floored with the interior quality and details. Better than any Bimmer or MBZ I've ever had or driven.

Appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!

Multitronic CVT Transmission
Voice recognition Pkg
Keyless Start
Park Distance Control
DVD Navigation
XM Radio
Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights
Bose Sound
Heated Seats

Old 09-19-2006, 02:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New Member, and 1st time Audi owner

I cant help, but that is one beautiful car. congrats

Old 09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
1st Gear

Well not on an A6 but my neighbor had a 07 Passat wagon for a loaner car when hers was at the dealer, she had experienced problems with the push button start remote. I belive its almost the same if not identical to the A6 since they seem to run on the same design platform.

The car would not shut off,and when she finally did get it to shut off it would not release the remote from the dash. I belive she had to mess with the shifter to get it out. I think she just told the dealer anyway but never knows what really went on, since it was a loaner. Hope this helps any.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: quattromond

Well not on an A6 but my neighbor had a 07 Passat wagon for a loaner car when hers was at the dealer, she had experienced problems with the push button start remote. I belive its almost the same if not identical to the A6 since they seem to run on the same design platform.

The car would not shut off,and when she finally did get it to shut off it would not release the remote from the dash. I belive she had to mess with the shifter to get it out. I think she just told the dealer anyway but never knows what really went on, since it was a loaner. Hope this helps any.
Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to respond man!