Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 A6 - new to me questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:22 AM
1st Gear
Default 2005 A6 - new to me questions...

I just bought a 2005 A6 4.2 with just about every option. I'm learning the MMI system - pretty intitutive, but have a question - can I display the song/artist info from Sirius and the Nav map/routing info at the same time? There's a space at the bottom of the Nav map screen that shows the clock - can it switch to the song info?

Also, the front clip that holds top part of the center armrest closed is missing. Do I need to buy a whole new lid, or can you just replace the clip?

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by gtpr73
I just bought a 2005 A6 4.2 with just about every option. I'm learning the MMI system - pretty intitutive, but have a question - can I display the song/artist info from Sirius and the Nav map/routing info at the same time? There's a space at the bottom of the Nav map screen that shows the clock - can it switch to the song info?

Also, the front clip that holds top part of the center armrest closed is missing. Do I need to buy a whole new lid, or can you just replace the clip?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Audi club. I have an 05 A6 4.2 which I have owned for 43 months. It is a great car and I am sure that you will enjoy it.

You can not display Nav and the song info at the same time. The best you can do is display the song info on the main MMI screen and use the smaller screen over the steering wheel for the nav info.

As far as the center arm clip, it is a known weakness and Audi has a TSB, meaning if the car is still under warranty they will fix it for free.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm planning to take the car in to get the "once-over" from my local dealer before the warranty is up. I'll get them to fix the armrest.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
1st Gear

1 more question - did the Parktronic system in 2005 include the rear backup camera, or just the beeping? I hear the beeps in reverse, but the MMI/Nav screen doesn't change.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Congrats

Hey gtpr:

I also just found the right 2005 A6 4.2 and I love it. I don't have all of the comfort options (parking sensors, nav) as mine has the sport package.

The clip is a notorious weak spot...but like you said, warranty will handle it.

Congrats...I'll be doing a couple of simple mods (exhaust, etc.) just for fun over the next few months and I'll let you know how they go on this 4.2L.

SG

Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear

1 more question - did the Parktronic system in 2005 include the rear backup camera, or just the beeping? I hear the beeps in reverse, but the MMI/Nav screen doesn't change.

Thanks
There was no back-up camera in the 05. The volume and the frequency of the parking sensors are controlled through the MMI.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

Anyone know the part # for the rear license plate bracket?

Also, I can't seem to get my Homelink to program. I followed the instructions in the owners manual (like I have for every other car I've owned) and it didn't work.

1 more - is there bluetooth built into the 05? In the MMI "phone" menu, it gives an option to erase all bluetooth connections, but I can't find the menu to acquire connections.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

I think when I linked my phone, I started the process with the phone, and the gray'ed out portions of the MMI screen came up. The manual has the password that you need to put into the phone (I think it was 1234).

With the homelink....I tried the option of pointing my remote at the front of the car, and it didn't work. I had to follow the subsquent procedure setting the control both from the car and the opener itself. That worked for me.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Your homelink

Anyone know the part # for the rear license plate bracket?

Also, I can't seem to get my Homelink to program. I followed the instructions in the owners manual (like I have for every other car I've owned) and it didn't work.

1 more - is there bluetooth built into the 05? In the MMI "phone" menu, it gives an option to erase all bluetooth connections, but I can't find the menu to acquire connections.

Thanks!
If your garage opener uses a rolling code system (if it's newer, it prob does), you'll need to find the "learn" button your garage door opener motor, push that, then go through the programming...this is in the manual as well. I had the same issue and that was my solution.

SG

Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

I can't get to the "programming" part... I hold down the homelink buttons to erase old and start new, but no lights flash.

Quick Reply: 2005 A6 - new to me questions...