Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which A6??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

I wish.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear

I've had my 2.7T chipped for over 100k miles. I had to replace the clutch and FW with a stage2 version. So, while a chip is the cheapest way to get power (plan on $1k for chip and heavy duty diverter valves and throttle body boot), your next weak link is the tip tranny. You break that, you face big $ repair.

In reality, the 2.7T is NOT a quarter mile performer. (Neither is the 4.2) The A6 is too heavy and the quattro adds a lot of mechanical overhead. If you want to scare your friend, the chip will allow you to exceed the 133 mph electronic governor and for $5k, he will be petrified that you are taking that old beater beyond the 150 mark. But make sure the tires, brakes, and suspension are perfect...but that costs more money.

I would suggest you wait until there is about 8-12" of fresh snow on the ground and then challenge him to a race. No question you will kick his butt then. These things are awesome in snow. PS - Nothing is good on ice.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 AM

Well you could get an Audi with a blown engine and drop in an rb26dett...