Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 2.4 Multitronic_Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:33 AM
1st Gear
Default A6 2.4 Multitronic_Overheating

Hey all, I recently purchased a 2003 A6, and am having a problem with overheating. But here's the strange part, whilst driving, all is okay, the heat gauge needle stays bang on 90deg c, all the time, so no problem while driving. The problem I have is when I stop, I can hear the coolant boiling in the holding container, and it just boils all the coolant away. So before I set out again, I need to fill it up.

The vehicle is still under motor plan, but the dealers just can't seem to figure out the problem. So I want to try a different dealer, but I would like to go armed with some suggestions, as to what they should look at fixing or replacing.

I would appreciate any thoughts, solutions or ideas. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Default RE: A6 2.4 Multitronic_Overheating

the dealer cant figure it out head gasket/ air in the system/ bad pump not that difficult they don't want to do it because they will have to do it under the warranty so no booty to them contact the warranty company

Old 12-08-2006, 03:56 AM
1st Gear

Thanks Dave,

A stupid question - Do you think there is a risk driving the vehicle as it is.......what I mean is, whilst I am driving the temp seems to be okay, is it possible that it is getting adequate cooling whilst driving? The only reason I ask is because I am battling to get a booking at a dealership currently, due to it being the xmas period, and I am planning on taking a long trip in the next few days.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:49 AM
3rd Gear

Pressure test the coolant cap.