Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 aftermarket tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Default A6 aftermarket tail lights

One of the main disappointments with my a6 purchase over an a4 is the much smaller market pool of aftermarket modifications, but I was lucky enough to find some LED tail lights (I'm okay with clear sided headlights for now).

Any opinions on if these look like a good idea for an 02 a6 in gold (melange)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123

They're only 229 + shipping on ebay, store is legit and they claim no error messages with simple plug and play installation. I've changed headlamps on an s4 with my friend and that was quite and ordeal, so I'm hoping the taillights are simpler. I opened up the panels in the trunk covering the spare tire jack and the other compartment and it looked like all the attachments were simple enough.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 PM
3rd Gear

That seems like a lot of money and it really does not make your A6 very unique. I agree that there are not a lot of aftermarket goodies -- but the car comes with a huge amount of features to start. Most owners seem to go for performance upgrades rather than subtle appearance changes. Maybe it's just me, but this is the most luxurious and feature-rich car I have ever owned and I still don't tire of it after 140k miles. But, hey, if you want clear rear lenses, go for it. Me, I'd consider stainless steel brake lines before spending that much on tail lights.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 PM

I just ordered those exact one's last week, they are arriving this week, I'll try to post pics of what they look like. Pretty stoked to see them though!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 PM
1st Gear

I'm interested in the fit/quality, I know people here have them. anyone?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

I lub the Hella smoked tails. Look great on Melange as well!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Default Put In My LED Tail Lights

So finally got my LED Tail Lights tonight and got them installed! I really like them!! Hopefully this picture works! Let me know your thoughts!

Wizard

Attached Thumbnails A6 aftermarket tail lights-dsc_0285.jpg   A6 aftermarket tail lights-dsc_0284.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM
4th Gear

Looks good to me..

Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wizard71
So finally got my LED Tail Lights tonight and got them installed! I really like them!! Hopefully this picture works! Let me know your thoughts!

Wizard
Thanks for the pics they really just made me more impatient for them to get here... I already changed headlights and that was quite a pain because I had to remove the whole front bumper set up, but from what I looked at the back of the tail lights they are much simpler to swap out?

I'm mostly hoping the weather sealing is well fitted, as leaks are quite annoying in this climate.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

Sup Brother. The tail lights look pretty cool...I don't think they made the car lose any of it's 'luxury' stance.

Question: On the website it says that those lights would fit an '05 model, but aren't the '02's and '05's tail lights shaped differently?

Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by RomeGQ
Sup Brother. The tail lights look pretty cool...I don't think they made the car lose any of it's 'luxury' stance.

Question: On the website it says that those lights would fit an '05 model, but aren't the '02's and '05's tail lights shaped differently?
They're made to fit the c5 post face-lift. I believe audi shifted production from c5 to c6 in mid 2005 so there are 2005.0 A6's out there (c5) and also 2005.5 A6's as well (c6).

Quick Reply: A6 aftermarket tail lights