Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 Avant 2002 Camshaft ,, Help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Lightbulb A6 Avant 2002 Camshaft ,, Help needed!

Hey all,

I own an a6 2002 Audi avant and lately ive been having a lot of problems with it so i took it one week ago to the agent and paid a top dollar to fix all the problems it had. Two days after that, a symbol popped up into the dashboard. Since I don't have the car manual, I googled and found a free quick reference guide but couldn't find the sign meaning.

I don't wanna take it back to the agent and still i know that Audi is a sensitive car, but i was thinking if this new problem is an easy-fix one i would just take it to any workshop.

I really need your help and advice guys. This car is getting into my nerves, I mean i bought it for nothing but the good reputation it has, but now im pretty sure that my faith in them is fading out!

** the symbol picture is attached.

Appreciate it and thanx in advance.

Nawf.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Default where did the camashaft come from??:-P

just wondering..

that is a check engine symbol..you chould have the car scanned.!

Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 AM
2nd Gear

It could be something simple, scan it for free at an auto store to see what comes up. If you have acess to a Vag-Com that would be best.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:04 AM
3rd Gear

After an extensive consultation with my crystal ball, it has become clear that your car needs a new.... please insert your CC # with your reply and I will reveal it all.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:28 AM
3rd Gear

An Audi with an agent! What's this world coming to?
Next the car is going to insist on a contract with time off for vacation, quarantees that it will be washed every week, and it be driven in new fallen snow.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanx a lot for the help ..

Jeffla: what's the CC # ? umm i really ment it; i have no idea what cars are about!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
3rd Gear

Pay attention to beemerfanatic, Jackmup, and Jeffla -- get the codes and then someone might be able to help!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM
3rd Gear

I am bored at work so I will explain in a nicer way... The light that you are seeing is called Check Engine Light (CEL). It gets illuminated when there is something wrong with yours car (Duh, you knew that already.) However, there is no way for us to know what is wrong with your car, unless you can find out the code(s) that is triggering the light to come on. Modern cars are connected to on-board diagnostics(OBD) and if some part of the car is malfunctioning (mainly engine and emission related issues), it will generate a trouble code and the CEL will turn on.

So there are a few options for you to find out the trouble codes.

1) Take it to a dealer or a mechanic and get hoses... Not very good idea unless you are loaded and don't have time to deal with anything.
2) Take it to Autozone or parts store where they will give you a free reading. Ok idea to find out what it is.
3) Buy a cheap OBD II reader from the internet for about $50 and scan it yourself. Better idea, since our cars crap out a lot.
4) Buy a VAGcom (doesn't matter if it is the ebay version or the real version) scan the codes yourself. Best idea if you think that you will be keeping the car for awhile.

Anyways, follow one of the tasks listed above and let us know what the code(s) is(are).

The code maybe or may not be related to your previous issues.

BTW CC# means credit card number, and Jeffla is being an **** I feel like being nice today.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

hxgaser -- What got into you? Are you going batty?

Nawf got the vehicle for "nothing." It is getting on his nerves and his faith is fading out because of a little light that represents a camshaft. Now you are trying logic..

Just remember Jeffla might be onto something with the crystal ball idea.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear

I know... this maybe a troll anyways... I just felt like being naive and gullible today. Ohh, ohh, ohh, did you know that there is no work gullible in the dictionary? I learn new things everyday!

Quick Reply: A6 Avant 2002 Camshaft ,, Help needed!